Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:50 am

Thanks TRAVELSIG, what about the departures lounge? Is QR sharing with another airline?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:23 am

ORD Chicago O'Hare

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No arrivals lounge.

Anyone however can pay to access the gym at the (connected to Terminal 3) Hilton Hotel which has a pool and good showers. If you are a HHonors gold or above member they also give a discount IIRC. Definitely worth it if you have a long connection time.
Does anyone know what the departure lounge is like at Chicago for Business Class to Doha?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by toreilly
Does anyone know what the departure lounge is like at Chicago for Business Class to Doha?
Not sure which lounge QR uses in chi-town but I'm sure the same lounge is used for QR silver, gold and business class passengers. Only in Doha and London does business class passengers get a different lounge than gold and silver passengers.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Not sure which lounge QR uses in chi-town but I'm sure the same lounge is used for QR silver, gold and business class passengers. Only in Doha and London does business class passengers get a different lounge than gold and silver passengers.
Also applies to CPH.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toreilly
The best of the lounges (and none are that great) in the departure International terminal of ORD is the Swiss lounge- it is also Priority Pass and as such I suspect QR uses it- also CX uses it for their HKG departures. The lounge has OK wifi and good snacks. The other lounges in ORD departure are BA (not that great), SK (good view of tarmac), and AZ (if you don't have anything nice to say.....).
Old May 11, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: QR Plat, EK Plat, EY Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kataka
Also applies to CPH.
No, Business class passengers goes to "the Apartment" so does the Gold members. Silver members use the standard overcrowded Novia lounge.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:47 pm
SST

UGLY situation at JFK

Maybe I'm atypical, flying 24 hours into JFK, but QR doesn't have the courtesy to let you know that transferring to their former partner, UA, there are no showers in the UA lounge (at Terminal 7). Thus, an additional 8 hours for me, pretty rank.

Thought I'd have this whipped, since I have One World Emerald status, AND an AA Admiral's Club membership, but the Dragons at the BA lounge, next to United, were absolutely unwilling to let me in there (I've heard how tight they were--- great system One World has, and you've been warned of what's ahead).

There is no way to go back into Terminal 8, even if I did want to brave security, since I have no AA boarding pass.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:26 pm

I was at BCN recently. Silver member. I was not offered the business lounge pass. I clarified with the cabin manager on board and he told me that silver member only has access to lounge in Doha. I told him otherwise when in previous trips, I have received pass to Singapore. As a silver member, am I entitled to the lounge access in other airports beside Doha?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:47 pm

It seems to be hit and miss depending on whether they're Qatar staff or outsourced to local staff. I received a SkyTeam lounge pass at Heathrow as a silver but not in Bahrain. I queried it and was just told no.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by tboons
I was at BCN recently. Silver member. I was not offered the business lounge pass. I clarified with the cabin manager on board and he told me that silver member only has access to lounge in Doha. I told him otherwise when in previous trips, I have received pass to Singapore. As a silver member, am I entitled to the lounge access in other airports beside Doha?
I can confirm the following locations for silver access.
IAH
Phuket
Maldives

I can't confirm this for sure but I would say all QR lounges you will get access to if you have silver. These are the same lounges QR provides for gold.

THis is why I think silver is the sweet spot for QR. You get all the same lounge access as gold (except in Doha but you can pay $40 to gain access to gold/orxy lounge).
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Wiki created to hopefully answer this question for all lounges.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:05 am

JFK and IAD lounge missing
NDATA Singapore can be accessed with Silver status
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
CPH and CMB also have lounge access for Silver.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: Privilege Club PLATINUM, Eurobonus SILVER, Skywards SILVER
Kuwait - Pearl Lounge

Pearl lounge
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: Privilege Club PLATINUM, Eurobonus SILVER, Skywards SILVER
The difference between Silver and Oryx is not worth paying for. Oryx is not managed by Qatar so everyone gets in here and the only difference is that there are a few sleeper chairs. That's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.