Wiki Posts
Search

On departure paid upgrade - SC's?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)
On departure paid upgrade - SC's?

On BA10 this afternoon and got offered a paid upgrade from WT+ to CW - which I decided to take.

Does anyone know whether I will get SC's from the original WT+ booking or the new CW one?

I suspect it will be from WT+ but hopefully CW as by the time I get to LHR this would take me to QF Plat....
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:02 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
WT+, unless it has been reticketed in paid business class (which is most unlikely - they do not need to do that to process the upgrade).
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
If you've not got booked travel to take you over the WP line anytime soon then I would take it up with them that you should receive full business credit since you paid for it.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by d00t
If you've not got booked travel to take you over the WP line anytime soon then I would take it up with them that you should receive full business credit since you paid for it.
I suspect it's more likely to be like the ODU's from AA/AS etc. Paid upgrade on checkin credits as original purchased fare, not paid upgrade. It's just a 'oh we can get something extra from what would have been an empty seat'. In the USA it also often earns you the magical SSSS on your BP
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:41 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by drewbles
In the USA it also often earns you the magical SSSS on your BP
But with all that security paranoia, you are still given a metal knife with your meal (unless - of course, you are going to the even more paranoid Oz)
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:29 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by og
But with all that security paranoia, you are still given a metal knife with your meal (unless - of course, you are going to the even more paranoid Oz)
You call that a knife? THIS is a knife.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by robbo755
On BA10 this afternoon and got offered a paid upgrade from WT+ to CW - which I decided to take.
Out of interest how much was it, and was it just to BKK or both flights to LHR?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
WT+, unless it has been reticketed in paid business class (which is most unlikely - they do not need to do that to process the upgrade).
My experience with this was that BA rebooked me into P class (This was Economy - WT + ), when I accepted their offer for an upgrade ~7 days before flight. Don't know what whether I would have got the SC's or not - as they had to rebook me again into W class for certain reasons.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Out of interest how much was it, and was it just to BKK or both flights to LHR?
Just checked online and the SC's were credited for WT+ only.

The upgrade was $2000 AUD (all the way through to London).
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:33 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Just checked online and the SC's were credited for WT+ only.

WOW! Very expensive. For this sort of money I would hope you get first class credits.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:04 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
That's probably more than BA would have got for the same segment if you were on a DONEx ticket! But then again, a flat bed and plenty of sleep is money well spent.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
That's probably more than BA would have got for the same segment if you were on a DONEx ticket! But then again, a flat bed and plenty of sleep is money well spent.
Yes I wasn't sure if it was expensive or not. But as I did not pay for the original ticket ($3,500 WT+ MEL-SYD-LHR) I threw caution to the wind (or money at BA)...
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes I wasn't sure if it was expensive or not. But as I did not pay for the original ticket ($3,500 WT+ MEL-SYD-LHR) I threw caution to the wind (or money at BA)...
And of course, if it was for business ( which with someone else paying it might well be ) it is tax deductible next July if an AU tax resident bringing out of pocket cost to around $1200
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:20 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
And of course, if it was for business ( which with someone else paying it might well be ) it is tax deductible next July if an AU tax resident bringing out of pocket cost to around $1200
Good point. This also applies in many other tax jurisdictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.