Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF031 / 11 JUL 09 - Operating via KUL ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF031 / 11 JUL 09 - Operating via KUL ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 6:18 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
The satay in SIN is as good as the one in KUL
No! No! No!....and much. much cheaper in KL as well!
Originally Posted by perthite
I think its an alternate for SIN, so maybe the occassional visit.
SQ did many Sin-Kul runs when they first got the A380
Old Jul 12, 2009, 7:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by infoworks
QF 31/32 were, many years ago, SYD-KUL-SIN-KUL-SYD by 767, maybe they are also being nostalgic!?
When I last caught it (1989) it was SYD-KUL-SIN and QF32 KUL-SIN-SYD, with the KUL-SIN sector carrying both flight numbers (and was a 763, with F, J and Y seats).

Dave
Old Jul 12, 2009, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kpc
No! No! No!....and much. much cheaper in KL as well!
Agreed.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Why couldn't this happen a week earlier ? I was flying to KUL on this very flight and had to connect though SIN.:-(
Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:45 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ozzie
Why couldn't this happen a week earlier ? I was flying to KUL on this very flight and had to connect though SIN.:-(
I wonder whether they would have let you off at Kul....they certainly couln't force you back on the plane at Kul....but would they retrieve your checked luggage?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by kpc
I wonder whether they would have let you off at Kul....they certainly couln't force you back on the plane at Kul....but would they retrieve your checked luggage?
If you didn't board are they allowed to fly with unaccompanied baggage?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

As it seems they intended only a short transit, I doubt anyone would have been let off.

Once pax are let out and allowed to roam the terminal, getting the a/c flying will take more time, exacerbating the delays.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I wonder though if a QF WP with hand baggage only (i.e. me) asked to be let off whether or not they would let you. I think if they actaully had an aerobridge to the terminal the answer would be yes. As the crew went out of hours, this is likely .....
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:23 am

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Originally Posted by farstar
If you didn't board are they allowed to fly with unaccompanied baggage?
I would say so yes. Wouldn't this be the case if a passenger's luggage was put on the wrong flight by mistake and arrived at a different destination to the passenger? The airline would have to get the luggage to the correct destination somehow.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Adam1
I would say so yes. Wouldn't this be the case if a passenger's luggage was put on the wrong flight by mistake and arrived at a different destination to the passenger? The airline would have to get the luggage to the correct destination somehow.
Luggage ending up on the wrong flight by mistake is a different thing to an airline knowingly flying with the luggage of a pax is known not to be onboard.

IIRC when luggage has misconnected it is subject to a higher level of security screening before it is allowed onto another flight.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Basically, when the passenger has control over the process which results in the luggage being on a different flight, then the luggage has to proceed as unaccompanied luggage, with all that that entails.

When the passenger has no control over the process - such as airline mishandling, missed connections, etc., then it is okay for luggage to be on a different flight.

Failing to board is a process which the passenger has control over, so the bags therefore have to come off.

Dave
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Originally Posted by thadocta
Failing to board is a process which the passenger has control over, so the bags therefore have to come off.
Thanks for the confirmation.
This same scenario was shown on the new 'Airways' program which aired on ch.7 tonight.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by ozzie
I wonder though if a QF WP with hand baggage only (i.e. me) asked to be let off whether or not they would let you. I think if they actaully had an aerobridge to the terminal the answer would be yes. As the crew went out of hours, this is likely .....
Unlikely. Refer all the USA to SYD diversions to BNE (or CBR or ...). Pax stay onboard including those who have as a final destination the airport they have diverted to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.