Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting from award to paid ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold
Transiting from award to paid ticket

Hi guys just a quick question from a newbie ft'er, I am planning on taking a trip from Syd to Edi. I was planning on using some points to go on an award in F from syd to Bkk then buy a ticket for the Lhr leg on the same metal in J. The question is can i check in straight though and get my boarding pass for the second segment of the flight from sydney? or will that be a non starter and i have to re check in at Bkk, Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
once both bookings are made, you may call the airline and ask them to link the bookings which will enable checking through.

Welcome to FlyerTalk...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold
Cheers will do.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Even when not linked you can still get your boarding pass. Linking just makes it a bit easier especially with the luggage.

And welcome to FT and the friendly QF forum, sailmakingscot!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by sailmakingscot
Hi guys just a quick question from a newbie ft'er, I am planning on taking a trip from Syd to Edi. I was planning on using some points to go on an award in F from syd to Bkk then buy a ticket for the Lhr leg on the same metal in J. The question is can i check in straight though and get my boarding pass for the second segment of the flight from sydney? or will that be a non starter and i have to re check in at Bkk, Thanks.
Also note: if trying to buy direct from qantas.com, a screen will pop-up telling you that you must present the purchasing credit card in order for the ticket to be issued. I called QF in Australia - they almost matched the ex-BKK price ^ (I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive) and so there was no need to present cc.

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.