Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Advance Seat Selection - For PS and above from May 27th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Advance Seat Selection - For PS and above from May 27th

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Using this thread as it seems most appropriate!

Recently booked a J seat on the QF9, A380 for Feb 2012....

I can only select rows 21 and back. Calling QF gave me the same options too.

Surely as as Gold member there are most seats avaiable this far out ?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I just booked an A380 flight SYD-LAX with BA miles. When I get my QF booking reference I assume (from reading here) that I can pre-select my J seat.
I am an AA Plat/OW Emerald - will my selection of seats be wider than say, OW Ruby, or is it same for all OW elites? Also, I assume that there is no fee for this?
TIA
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:45 pm

Duplicate post
Old Apr 30, 2011, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by AndDee
Using this thread as it seems most appropriate!

Recently booked a J seat on the QF9, A380 for Feb 2012....

I can only select rows 21 and back. Calling QF gave me the same options too.

Surely as as Gold member there are most seats available this far out ?
This seems strange; I am aware that generally only Emerald can access the fist several rows; but row 21 for SG is surprising.

I suggest you keep trying on a regular basis. Say, initially, every few weeks for the next months.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 30, 2011 at 8:32 pm
Old May 1, 2011, 12:18 am

F/U on my post above (#182).
I was able to make an online seating reservation but had only a choice of J seats 19 and above. As I am only QF Bronze, am I correct in assuming that this is why my choice was limited?
I am OW Emerald (which is probably not reflected on my QF account). Would I get a larger (better) choice of seats with my OW elite status?
If so, how can I reflect my OW status on my QF account?
TIA
Old May 1, 2011, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Paulchili
F/U on my post above (#182).
I was able to make an online seating reservation but had only a choice of J seats 19 and above. As I am only QF Bronze, am I correct in assuming that this is why my choice was limited?
I am OW Emerald (which is probably not reflected on my QF account). Would I get a larger (better) choice of seats with my OW elite status?
If so, how can I reflect my OW status on my QF account?
TIA
Why not just replace your qantas ff number in the booking with that which has the status
Old May 1, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why not just replace your qantas ff number in the booking with that which has the status
Unfortunately this (apparently) cannot be done online as I already have my BA FF number in there (as the booking was done with BA miles). The only option is to ADD a FF number (if it wasn't there already), but it cannot be changed online.
Will have to call QF.
Thanks.
Old May 1, 2011, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paulchili
Unfortunately this (apparently) cannot be done online as I already have my BA FF number in there (as the booking was done with BA miles). The only option is to ADD a FF number (if it wasn't there already), but it cannot be changed online.
Will have to call QF.
Thanks.
There is no compulsion for a redemption booking to have any Frequent Flyer number attached.

Call and tell them to remove your BA number completely. (Don;t ask for it to be replaced.)

Make sure this has been done with www.checkmytrip.com . (If your BA number still shows, then call again.)

Once the BA number has been removed and you have verified this, then call and ask for your Status number top be inserted into the booking.
Old May 1, 2011, 5:55 pm

duplicated
Old May 1, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
There is no compulsion for a redemption booking to have any Frequent Flyer number attached.

Call and tell them to remove your BA number completely. (Don;t ask for it to be replaced.)

Make sure this has been done with www.checkmytrip.com . (If your BA number still shows, then call again.)

Once the BA number has been removed and you have verified this, then call and ask for your Status number top be inserted into the booking.
They often refuse to do this with award bookings , stating that the award bookings do need to have the details of the award account in the booking

I have had this the times I have asked to have an AA number removed from a QF award booking which was paid for using AA miles
Old May 1, 2011, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Of course this can be done; although it seems there is some reluctance to do so. I perceive some mistraining.

What happens when one redeems an award flight for a family member who is not a member of any Frequent Flyer program?

Last edited by serfty; May 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Old May 1, 2011, 6:59 pm

I called and had my AA FF number put in by an agent. It seemed to open up 3 more rows for my booking, but not the 3 most forward rows. Those are obviously reserved for highest level elites.
Thanks for your help.
On an unrelated subject - I was able to get the A380 for April 18th but not the 19th, my first choice, even though I watched very closely on the BA site. When the 19th first appeared available for booking only the flight via AKL was available. How likely is it that 2 seats will open up for the 19th in J on flight 11 (at any time before departure)?

Last edited by Paulchili; May 1, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.