Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Advance Seat Selection - For PS and above from May 27th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Advance Seat Selection - For PS and above from May 27th

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Exclamation Qantas Advance Seat Selection - For PS and above from May 27th

Qantas Advance Seat Selection
21 May 2009

From Wednesday 27 May 2009 Qantas' Chairman's Lounge, Platinum, Gold and Silver Frequent Flyer members will be able to select their seat at qantas.com immediately after booking. ...

http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/qf/info/200905/0507
Old May 20, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Hmm - what happens if your travelling partner is only NB?
Old May 20, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Wooooohooo^^ After hearing all about the wonders of pre-selection when living in the UK with BA im happy its coming to QF. Especially for whY travel!! Will emergency exit rows be available? Or still have to ask at check-in??
Old May 20, 2009, 10:16 pm

Damn, I was really hoping this would be extended to QC members. A*se, bum, t*ts!
Old May 20, 2009, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grov
Hmm - what happens if your travelling partner is only NB?
Assuming you are in the one PNR, the properties/attributes/abilities of higher status PAX would apply ... like BA.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
OK - thanks serfty - wasn't familiar with how BA worked.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Qantas Advance Seat Selection
21 May 2009

From Wednesday 27 May 2009 Qantas' Chairman's Lounge, Platinum, Gold and Silver Frequent Flyer members will be able to select their seat at qantas.com immediately after booking. ...

http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/qf/info/200905/0507
Hmm I'm not sure if I'm happy about that. My bookings more often than not booked at the last minute (as in around 3 days or less before the flight) so I relied on the OLCI option at 24 hours out allocate the seat I want.

I wonder how this will work with WP still getting seating preference over SG/PS even though the actual booking is made later...
Old May 20, 2009, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vecta
Hmm I'm not sure if I'm happy about that. My bookings more often than not booked at the last minute (as in around 3 days or less before the flight) so I relied on the OLCI option at 24 hours out allocate the seat I want.

I wonder how this will work with WP still getting seating preference over SG/PS even though the actual booking is made later...
Based on the wording on the site I suspect that it may still be only international flights where seating can be assigned, just that it will be doable online

Dave
Old May 20, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Interesting...I have just made an international booking for early July involving some domestic connecting flights, and to my surprise, I have received seat pre-allocation for the domestic sectors! This shows up on both the QF website and Checkmytrip; and on the latter, if I click on the seat number for the domestic sector, it brings up the seat map for that sector. (But neither Expertflyer nor KVS will display a seat map for the domestic flights). I wonder if this is related?
Old May 20, 2009, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Based on the wording on the site I suspect that it may still be only international flights where seating can be assigned, just that it will be doable online

Dave
How does the wording suggest this information is for international flight? I mean I hope it is, as most of my travel is domestic, but how can you tell?
Old May 21, 2009, 12:06 am

This is old news! I told you all about this 10 days ago!!

It applies to both domestic and international travel with the exception of Qantas Link services

Those who cannot pre-select their seat during the booking process will still benefit from being able to select their seat when they check-in online 24 hours prior to their flight.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by eoinnz
Those who cannot pre-select their seat during the booking process will still benefit from being able to select their seat when they check-in online 24 hours prior to their flight.
By which time all of the best seating will have well and truly been snapped up. Why not offer it to all customers and have the computer system block off or open up seats based on status?
Old May 21, 2009, 12:29 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
If you're going to "block seats" to non-status pax, then why do they need access >24 hours. They won't be able to get the best seats anyway.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is old news! I told you all about this 10 days ago!! ...
I noted that post with interest - twas a bit teeny..
... Qantas frequent flyers with silver status or above will also benefit from a new feature..........

It's a relatively radical change for Qantas. What we don't know yet is if it's for domestic, international or both.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brettmcg
By which time all of the best seating will have well and truly been snapped up. Why not offer it to all customers and have the computer system block off or open up seats based on status?
I'm guessing it will be based on Altea "Theoretical Seats", so QP would see similar to what they see with OLCI now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.