Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

MEL - LHR on an Airbus A380 when will this happen???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Can anybody tell me when qantas will using the Airbus A380 between Melbourne and London? I am planning a trip next year to London and Europe next year but don't wan't to go via Sydney if i can avoid it! Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Yours sincerely,
Spaceman
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Firstly welcome to FlyerTalk spaceman2!!

With Qantas's current problems with the A380 they aren't flying anywhere at the moment!! Have a bit of a search because there are lots of threads on route developments and the A380 future routes.

Although there is plenty of knowledgeable^ people who might be able help you more
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:32 pm

Actually a 380 did QF10 last week.

I haven't heard anything official, but I would expect the 9/10 would pick up the 380 around the end of the year.

The big 'but' with the 380 is that most routes will remain a mix of types for quite some time, so any hiccups could well result in a substitution by a 744.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:47 pm

Programs: QFF
QF 9/10 (MEL-SIN-LHR) seems to be the most likely 4th A380 route after QF11/12 (SYD-LAX), 93/94 (MEL-LAX) and 31/32 (SYD-SIN-LHR) are all using the 380 daily.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jb747
... so any hiccups could well result in a substitution by a 744.
Such a hiccup was why one QF10 was 388 operated last week.

It was the QF32 PAX who missed out, although the QF10 PAX embarked over a day late.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyertalk spaceman2

I expect SQ (Singapore Airlines) will have A380 MEL-LHR (via SIN) before QF (Qantas) does, and most likely later this year (for SQ).

QF still needs a few more just to up frequency on their existing A380 flights to daily.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by austgap
With Qantas's current problems with the A380 they aren't flying anywhere at the moment!! Have a bit of a search because there are lots of threads on route developments and the A380 future routes.
You might want to go and check your facts here as they are definitely flying at the moment. Don't believe everything reported in the Fairfax press as particularly when it comes to QF, it's almost always riddled with lots of inaccuracies.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
You might want to go and check your facts here as they are definitely flying at the moment. Don't believe everything reported in the Fairfax press as particularly when it comes to QF, it's almost always riddled with lots of inaccuracies.
Ah my mistake, should check up with FT after reading any Fairfax paper
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yep, I flew QF11 in 12E on Friday and am scheduled for 80A tonight!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Especially last week when the article implied that a QF 380 could carry up to 856 passengers.

"Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor invades Italy. "[1110]

Last edited by Lonely Flyer; Mar 9, 2009 at 6:40 pm
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Especially last week when the article implied that a QF 380 could carry up to 856 passengers.
Every pax has an infant! Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.