Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Great news for New Zealand Qantas Frequent Flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:41 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP

Just received this from Qantas:

Originally Posted by Qantas Email

We recently wrote to you outlining developments Qantas is making in New Zealand, including the introduction of Jetstar into the New Zealand domestic market.

Our Tasman history goes back to the 1940's and the Qantas Group's commitment to New Zealand customers is a strong as ever.

It's now even easier to retain your Membership status this year

As at 24th February 2009, your Status credit balance is 70. If you earn a total of 150 Status credits this membership year we'll retain your Platinum status for a further 12 months~. This means you only need to earn another 80 Status credits before your renewal date.

This provides a great reason to maintain your current trans-Tasman, Australian and International flying with Qantas.

Find out how many Status credits you usually need to reach Platinum status and how many you earn for each eligible flight.

Offer applies for this year only. Normal rules apply after this year.
You can earn Status credits on all Jetstar flights until the end of the year*

As a bonus introductory offer, you can earn Status credits at the Discount Economy rate on JetSaver and JetSaver Light fares when you register online and travel before 31 December 2009^.

So, you'll be able to earn Status credits on all Jetstar fares, within New Zealand, trans-Tasman, Australia and all other international destinations!

Last edited by wijomas; Feb 26, 2009 at 8:02 pm Reason: Added Jetstar status credit registration url, thanks GibSpmuh :)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
That's a seriously decent offer! ^
Old Feb 26, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Best part is actually earning on the cheap JetStar flights, which will save me some money in trying to retain WP.
I still will not fly JQ for work and the schedules need to seriously improve from me to consider doing SC runs.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
For those that didn't get the email, the Jetstar offer can be signed up for at:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...status-credits
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
I wonder if this will also apply to Australian resident QFF members taking domestic flights in kiwiland? No mention of that in the email.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:09 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kangela
I wonder if this will also apply to Australian resident QFF members taking domestic flights in kiwiland? No mention of that in the email.
From the T&C's for this offer:

This offer is only available to New Zealand resident Frequent Flyer members.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by wijomas
From the T&C's for this offer:

This offer is only available to New Zealand resident Frequent Flyer members.
Tum furra muve, eh bro'?

BD
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:45 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BD1959
Tum furra muve, eh bro'?

BD
Auh tru dat, kuz!
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:51 pm

Earn Status Credits on Jetstar Flights

until the end of the year

To celebrate Jetstar starting services within New Zealand from 10 June 2009,* New Zealand Frequent Flyer members can earn Status credits at the Discount Economy rate on JetSaver and JetSaver Light fares.^

To earn Status credits for these fares, between 25 February and 31 December 2009:

* register online and
* travel on any Jetstar flight.

This means you'll be able to earn Status credits on all Jetstar fares, for travel within New Zealand from 10 June 2009, between New Zealand and Australia, within Australia and internationally from Australia. For more information on where Jetstar fly to, view the Jetstar route map.

Your Qantas Frequent Flyer number will need to be included in your booking before you travel.

What are Status credits?

The number of Status credits you earn in a membership year determines your Qantas Frequent Flyer status. Status credits are awarded according to distance flown and the fare you paid.

Find out how many Status credits you need to reach each membership level.

Register now

* Book now

* Subject to regulatory approval.
^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Status Credits. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer and Status credits are not earned for Award flight bookings. If an itinerary includes flights for travel before 25 February or after 31 December 2009, only the eligible flights between 25 February and 31 December 2009 will qualify for this offer. You only need to register once.

This offer is only available to New Zealand resident Frequent Flyer members. Travel is subject to availability and acceptance of terms and conditions of travel.

You can earn Status credits when flying on eligible Qantas, oneworld alliance airlines (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines (JAL), LAN, Malv Hungarian Airlines and Royal Jordanian Airlines), Air Pacific, Jetstar or QantasLink services. Usually Status credits can only be earned on Jetstar Airways Jetflex or StarClass fares, but this offer extends Status credits at the discount Economy rate to all other Jetstar booking classes. Status credits can also be earned on flights operated by Jetstar where a Qantas flight number is entered on your ticket, when booked in Y, B, H, K or W class. American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines (JAL), LAN, Malv Hungarian Airlines and Royal Jordanian Airlines are trademarks of their respective companies.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No email here.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:54 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No email here.
Perhaps with your infinite status credits they feel you don't deserve one
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Hmm - I wonder what happens if you update your address to be in NZ prior to your requalification date. Do you only need 150 SCs to keep Plat?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:55 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward
Hmm - I wonder what happens if you update your address to be in NZ prior to your requalification date. Do you only need 150 SCs to keep Plat?
Not that wise thinking out aloud.

"Amadeus III of Savoy is born"[1095]

Last edited by Lonely Flyer; Feb 27, 2009 at 1:05 am
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:15 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I got it but it does not matter

Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward
I received the email and the offer is personalized. I need another 90SC, which I have already earned more than that from the weekend flights, if LAN posts. Silly thing is I do not need to earn anymore as my current bookings will take me over the regular threshold.
Kiwi Flyer I do not think that you would have received it if you have already requalified for the membership year.
Still my flying with QF will decrease to the minimum required and NZ will have more of my business, plus QF have given me NZ GE
The worst part is losing contact with some of my Jetconnect favourites.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:19 am

Other Parts of the email

The Qantas Group's commitment to New Zealand

More than 140 trans-Tasman services each week between Australia and Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Queenstown from 10 June using a mix of Boeing 767 and 737 aircraft
From September 2009 onwards Qantas will introduce brand new two class Boeing 737-800 aircraft on selected trans-Tasman routes. These aircraft will offer stylish new seating and a state of the art on demand entertainment system for customers in both Business and Economy
Daily Boeing 747-400 service between Auckland and Los Angeles with a new time to provide a daily New York Qantas operated connection and improved connections across USA and Canada
Jetstar commencing New Zealand domestic services offering more seats and lower prices from 10 June. Remember you can use your points for Award flights on Jetstar.
International and domestic Qantas Club lounges in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. From 10 June 2009 members who have access to The Qantas Club and are travelling on Jetstar operated domestic New Zealand services (on either a Jetstar or Qantas codeshare flight number) will be able to use these Qantas Clubs.
They just do not get that the biggest issue was lack of destinations, frequency and OTP that drove people away from QF domestic. Price was always good compared to NZ.
Still how long will it be before they close the domestic QP? That will show how committed they are to NZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.