Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status credit timing - next membership year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

I am booked on a RTW on 1 June 2009 (SYD - SFO). I would prefer to fly over the weekend i.e. 30 or 31 May 2009. However, my QFF membership year runs to 31 May 2009.

I already have sufficient credits to meet my Platinum renewal this membership year. Consequently I have chosen the 1 June 2009 flight to ensure the credits are included in the next membership year.

My question - is there a way for me to fly on 30 or 31 May 2009 but include the credits next membership year. Would a flight on 31 May credit that day in general? If I excluded my frequent flyer number and then subsequently claimed missing points, which membership year would that be included in?

Many thanks for your help.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:32 pm

You used to be able to retrospectively claim flights in a new membership year, but I believe Qantas cracked down on that and now credit them as an adjustment for the previous year.

Also, I believe any flights posted in a new year that were for travel from the year before are again credited as an adjustment to the last year's earn.

Your experience may vary though...
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by teddyflyer
My question - is there a way for me to fly on 30 or 31 May 2009 but include the credits next membership year. Would a flight on 31 May credit that day in general? If I excluded my frequent flyer number and then subsequently claimed missing points, which membership year would that be included in?
No way to do this with QFF.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
SC for Flights will credit against the year that the flight took place in regardless of when it actually posts to your account.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies.

I was just looking at my activity statement and noticed that my QF flight JNB - SYD last year on 6 October 2008 credited on 7 October 2008. Perhaps this was because I boarded at an outstation.

I also note that the SYD - SFO flight will actually land the next day (Australian time). Do you think this will make any difference?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
'tis based on scheduled departure date ...
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Agree

Thank you for your replies.

I was just looking at my activity statement and noticed that my QF flight JNB - SYD last year on 6 October 2008 credited on 7 October 2008. Perhaps this was because I boarded at an outstation.

I also note that the SYD - SFO flight will actually land the next day (Australian time). Do you think this will make any difference?

I agree with the others. I have in fact split a DONE4 over my anniversary date on several occasions the past few years and each time the flights were eventually credited to the membership year in which the flight departed.

Some of these flights, taken in the previous member year, did not show up in my acct until well into the subsequent year (esp those on 'slow to credit' FF partners ~ on these occasions I was not unhappy about this...), however they were then later 'adjusted' back into the previous member year in my FF account.

I also had the exact experience you describe, departing on a QF flight number to South America on the last day of my member year, with the flight crediting in the next year, but the credits were counted within that first member year. If you depart on 31 May it will credit to the previous year

I guess however that you will have plenty of other sectors crediting to the new member year so all is not lost...

tb
Old Feb 11, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SYD-SFO lands on the same day that it departs (about 4-6 hours before it departs, depending on the time of year) due to crossing the international date line.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:54 am

Programs: QF SG, AA Plat
This is what appeared on my account when a flight appeared after the end of year...

02 JUN 08 JL 735 BUSINESS 25MAY08 TOKYO (NARITA)/HONG KONG 1,828 457 - 2,285 80 *

* Status credits for this flight are not included in the current year total

Last edited by chrisb; Feb 12, 2009 at 3:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.