Wiki Posts
Search

QF 744 Premium Econ and bulkhead?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:44 am
Original Poster

QF 744 Premium Econ and bulkhead?

Hi Guys,

I read on seatguru that Seats 34 A and K (and any in that row) have restricted legroom as there is no cut out.... does that mean that one cannot stretch your legs out like on BA's World traveller plus? (Virgin is like this, you cannot have your legs straight).

I am 6 foot tall and wanted to know if this is a good seat (apparantly on the A380 the bulkhead has ample leg room)

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:52 am

Programs: AA Gold (lost Plat),QF bottom of the barrel, 49k DL miles about to expire.
I was in 34G and I swear I had extra room due to the bulkhead not quit lining up with the width of the seat block. Maybe it was my imagination... but I'm 188cm and felt no lack of room.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
At 6'2 I was sitting in the E seat and had plenty of room to stretch out. All the seats were the same in that row.

Avoid seats on the HK side as this is the aisle most frequently used by the crew on their journeys to and from the galley.

Regards

lme ff
Old Jan 6, 2009, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I've not tried the bulkhead row myself, but the seats look exactly the same as all the other seats so I would be surprised if the legroom were "restricted" in any true sense.

But I won't willingly choose the bulkhead row because it's too close to the galley and there is a lot of light and noise spilling out. I'm leaning towards 37JK as my personal preference.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
Hi, I'm traveling in Premium Economy for the first time next month (from LHR to SYD).

I've been pre-assigned 35K, but thought I should ask for 34A or K instead as I assumed row 34 would have greater legroom. Is this right?

I like window seats, but from the above discussion the A side seems to be preferable to the K side given the galley.

This seems to mean that 35A, 36A or 37A would be the seats to try and get, rather than 34A (which would be normal choice).

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

David
Old Jan 15, 2009, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'd go for 38K.

As a QF WP you can call Qantas and ask for a request be submitted for you to be preallocated these exit row seats - if the seating is available such requests are normally granted.

Here's a link to a post with some image references:
Originally Posted by eoinnz
A little A380 tour - I promise to take more detailed photos next time on board but this should keep you happy for now

Premium economy
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...DSC00267_2.jpg

The best seats in PE
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...DSC00269_2.jpg ...
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
I'd go for 38K.

As a QF WP you can call Qantas and ask for a request be submitted for you to be preallocated these exit row seats - if the seating is available such requests are normally granted.

Here's a link to a post with some image references:
I might be missing something, but 38K would be good if it was an A380 - is this actually the case?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by perthite
I might be missing something, but 38K would be good if it was an A380 - is this actually the case?
Probably not given reference to "the galley".
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:22 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Personally I'd definately go for the bulkhead PE on a 744.

There's nobody to recline into you.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
Originally Posted by d00t

thanks. will give them a call and try.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Originally Posted by d00t

OTOH, you could get a baby in a bassinet if you're in the middle. I was recently in both 35F & 36J and got the impression that there was less legroom for the 34A/B & 34J/K seats than in the middle, but didn't actually try them out.

As for galley traffic, that seemed to be about the same for both aisles, although there is definitely more activity & noise on the starboard (JK) side of the galley itself.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: QF
On the 744 I like 35A. It's one back from the bulkhead and on the quiet side of the aircraft. The two rows behind both have one window blocked out.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:46 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by satprof
As for galley traffic, that seemed to be about the same for both aisles, although there is definitely more activity & noise on the starboard (JK) side of the galley itself.
Seems a bit contradictory, methinks.....

Dave
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I haven't yet sat on the port side of PE, but there's a lot of clattering and banging on the starboard side of the galley, so I can see how there could be "more activity and noise" even if the moving body count is the same on both sides.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:21 pm

Recently did PE on a 747 (34A, MEL-LHR) and an A380 (36A, LAX-SYD) and the leg room was more than enough for me (5'6"). The following picture shows the 34JK seats to give you an indication of the amount of leg room available, http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qanta...438/1335913/L/ . I don't think that there is more room than row 40, but it is certainly a lot more room than standard economy seats.

I can't comment on the amount of traffic in the aisles but I did notice that the food/drinks trolley had a tendency to bump into the arm rest of 34D.

I would definitely go for row 34 again if I travelled on a 747 PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.