Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Qantas flights in June '09

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Help with Qantas flights in June '09

I'm not that familiar with Qantas pricing and general operations as I haven't been down to Australia in a number of years now. However I'm planning a trip this coming summer. The itinerary is something like this:

June 30 - HNL -> SYD
July 7 - SYD -> CNS
July 21 - CNS -> LAX

Right now the Qantas website shows the cost of those flights at $1568 which honestly doesn't seem all that bad, all things considered. I'm wondering two things though.

1) Is it possible to check prices and pay in AUS or CAD currency rather than USD? I'll actually be starting my trip in Vancouver on another airline (1 week stop in HNL) but to fly out of Vancouver on the same itinerary is 1770 CAD which is significantly less than the $1568 USD I get online starting from HNL. If I call up Qantas can I pay CAD or AUS and still start in HNL?

2) Just from the experience that you all have with Qantas and their pricing, would it possibly pay to wait for an upcomming sale between now and Feb/March, or is there a really good chance prices will go up from here and therefore I should book now?

Thanks for the insight everyone; much appreciated!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Hmmm, you a travelling smack bang in the middle of US summer prices (9 June - 25 July 2009).

Even if there was a 'sale' it would be unlikely to include that date.

I can't assist WRT your CAD/AUD payment question.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If you book YVR-HNL and do not fly it then the rest of your ticket will be cancelled.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If you book YVR-HNL and do not fly it then the rest of your ticket will be cancelled.
Yeah, I don't think it's even possible to fly YVR-HNL on Qantas; my comparison was with YVR->SYD intead of HNL->SYD to start the trip. I have no intention of doing that; I was just using as a comparison of the cost difference between paying in USD and CAD.

Thanks for the insight w.r.t. pricing through the summer. CAD took a big jump today, so I'm probbaly best off just utilizing that and booking pretty quickly here... All-in-all the $1500 range is pretty good considering the flying being done IMO, and I'd hate to get a few months prior to the trip and then be looking at 3K or something like that...
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:50 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
... And the return CNS- LAX would need to be via BNE/ SYD/ MEL if traveling with QF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.