Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Points Upgrade Strategy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Question Help with Points Upgrade Strategy

Mrs Blackcloud and I are entering the final stages of planning our second anniversary trip starting at the end of March. Our planned route is WLG-SYD(stop)-SIN(stop)-LHR(stop)-CDG(stop) overland AMS(stop)-LHR-HKG(stop)-SYD-WLG.
I have been looking at flying QF PE as J is too expensive and we want to travel to particular cities meaning the cheaper J options are out.
Now I hope to burn most of my points by upgrading the following sectors SIN-LHR, LHR-HKG and HKG-SYD.
So my questions are:
1) What are the best days to fly these routes to increase the chance of an upgrade?
2) For the SIN-LHR which would be the best flight to try QF9 or QF31?
3) Should I try to get the A380 QF31 flight or if it is operating would most J pax try to get that and leave QF9 J with more room giving a higher chance of an upgrade going through?
We can move our travel around by a day or two and I do want to actually get some use out of my accumulated FF points.
I hope to at least get 1 sector upgraded but as we know with QF....
Oh is the upgrade list ranked by PE over Y passengers or is it the status of passengers requesting an upgrade into a particular cabin.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I can hazard a guess as to the ranking of upgrade requests but don't have enough knowledge of the other questions sorry.

Y+ pax would probably have priority in the upgrade list than Y pax because if a Y to J upgrade is requested and J is not available, then that pax is considered for a Y to Y+ upgrade. So it makes sense to give Y+ pax the requested upgrade to J, then the Y pax the upgrade to the now available Y+ seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.