Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

No Jetstar SC or points, but access to QP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2004, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat (LTG)

Geoff Dixon announces that while you can burn QFF (and I presume OW) points, no Status Credits or Points will be earnt on flights.

However, QANTAS Club and Chairman's Lounge Members will have access to the QP when flying Jetstar... (although I suspect, not from Avalon!)
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:01 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swissbignose:

However, QANTAS Club and Chairman's Lounge Members will have access to the QP when flying Jetstar... (although I suspect, not from Avalon!)
</font>

Now, what I'm *REALLY* hanging out for is a QF Dash-8 service from Avalon to Tullamarine .... what is it? 5 minute flight? could rival the bus trip for SC!

[This message has been edited by d00t (edited Feb 24, 2004).]
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
So does that mean that SG's will gain access to the QP as well, or do you need to have a paid up QP Membership to be getting access on a JetStar flight? (doesn't worry me so much, I've got the QP lifetime membership card gathering dust at home with the shiny SG status for the time being, but I can forsee it getting rather more use in future years now!).
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:45 pm

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
Why is this OK for Jetstar but not for Australian?
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:48 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by d00t:

Now, what I'm *REALLY* hanging out for is a QF Dash-8 service from Avalon to Tullamarine .... what is it? 5 minute flight? could rival the bus trip for SC!

oh my!

tHEY let you book up to 50 passengers!!!!!!

Airfare/Passenger $ 135.45 AUD
GST/Passenger (details) $ 13.55 AUD
Subtotal/Passenger $ 149.00 AUD
X 50 Passgners $ 7,450.00 AUD

Total Cost of Flight $ 18,900.00 AUD

This booking engine has qantas written all over it

</font>

Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:50 pm

Programs: QF WP
I would have thought SG members would be fine. From the way I understand it SG gives you all the same privileges as been a paid member of the QC, in fact some of the privileges are better (ie able to bring one guest without a pass). The card has a Qantas Club logo on the back and I think if you are a paid QC member they put this membership on hold while you are SG or WP.

So all told I wouldn't expect any arguments if you wanted to use the lounge while flying JetStar.

I wonder whether this was a recent decision by Qantas. I recently read Virgin Blue using their lounges as a point of differentiation with JetStar. Just a case of Qantas trying to cover all the bases?
Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:54 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Interesting that Jetstar allows name changes on the tickets as well
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
That'll mean the QPs in Tassie are safe for the time being.

Also noted that Proserpine and Maroochydore dont have fares quoted from SYD after 26/4/04 (at least on the red e-deals menu).
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:22 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I guess it gives you something to do when you get to the airport early to be in the first 50 to checkin (therefore first 50 to scramble for seats), but otherwise QP of little value (esp at MEL, SYD & BNE), because if you sitting up having a few quiet HPs - you'll be last to board and will have to sit in the middle seat in the back row.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:55 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF ExLurker:
Why is this OK for Jetstar but not for Australian?</font>
I think they are hoping that more business pax will fly JQ and this is a little cost inducement to bring them on board. I am thinking here mostly of routes like SYD/BNE-AVV....

I like the fare model (cheap and flex). LOL. - or rather N or Y....

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 12:13 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Really nice to have a (slightly) wider seat - but one inch less knee room - no thanks. No good for those tall FTers. Will they pay compensation for crushed knee caps?
Old Feb 25, 2004, 1:33 am

Just got an SG FF email newsletter which answers the questions:

- No points on JetStar
- No SCs on JetStar
- Lounge access for SG's and all QC members when flying JetStar or Australian Airlines

10.Access to Lounges
10.1 From 1 June 2004, Qantas Club Members are entitled to access The Qantas Club lounge in the departure port when the Member's next onward flight on that day is with Qantas, a QantasLink, Australian Airlines or Jetstar service.

(Edited to correct spelling and UBB)

[This message has been edited by BAe 146 (edited Feb 25, 2004).]
Old Feb 25, 2004, 1:38 am

Also another interesting development, the end of guest passes.

10.3 From 1 June 2004,Guest Passes will not be required. Guests in international Qantas Club lounges must be accompanied by the Member and must be travelling with the Member that day. Guests in Australian and New Zealand domestic Qantas Club lounges must be accompanied by the Member but need not be travelling.
10.4 From 1 June 2004, Guest Passes will not be required. There will be a limit of one guest per Member in all Qantas Club lounges, except that: Platinum Qantas Frequent Flyers are entitled to up to two guests in Australian and New Zealand domestic lounges.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BAe 146:
10.3 ... Guests in Australian and New Zealand domestic Qantas Club lounges must be accompanied by the Member but need not be travelling.</font>
Aha! Will that make the QP do's easier to organise, then?
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:50 am

Programs: QF SG
Alos interesting to see that guest passes are being phased out all together. WPs can now sign in two guests on the show of their card whereas SGs, PSs and NBs can only sign in one (nice to see that QF value their SG members)

Another change is the introduction of a $20/hour charge to book a room in the QP. Could this mean that QF have cottened on to the FT gatherings?

Would appear as though membership and benefits are being devalued on an almost daily basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.