Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Is there life after lifetime Gold recognition????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, QF LT platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite Lifetime Titanium, Accor Platinum

Having accrued between 3,000 and 4,000 SC's per year for the last few years I am now approaching the 'magical' 14,000 Lifetime Gold Recognition level. The question is 'what is the next magical level to push for?'

Also on another topic - has anyone else ever received an offer whereby all FF Points and SC's earned on OneWorld flights are doubled for a period of 6 months??. It happended to me about 2 years back. I am not sure if this was 'luck of the draw' or I hit some earnings theshold???
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:49 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
ChrisG, the only level I am aware of that you won't have cracked is the Premium Plat level alluded to in martynriddle's topic and confirmed by Chucklez. There is no Premium Lifetime level, but presumably if QF wanted to bring it in, they'd probably want 30K SC's for the attainment figure.

Regarding the "offer", itsounds like it may have been targetted. Pity, I'd have loved that in my best year (2,565 SC's).

(Edited to add Chucklez's name)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisG:

Also on another topic - has anyone else ever received an offer whereby all FF Points and SC's earned on OneWorld flights are doubled for a period of 6 months??. It happended to me about 2 years back. I am not sure if this was 'luck of the draw' or I hit some earnings theshold???
</font>

This offer came about around the Ansett collapse/ S11 events. From discussion at the time it appeared restricted to Plats, offered through a targetted mailout.

I was one of the lucky ones, and it certainly made a difference!

Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:44 pm

I received the same targeted mailout, but cant recall if i was QP or gold at the time. Was flying Canberra/Hobart/Canberra about every second week, via melbourne. It meant that 4,000 ff points and 80 SC's return trip quickly became 8,000 points and 160 SC's! Enough to qualify for partner gold in no time at all.

Qantas marketing must have been kicking themselves because the Tesna Ansett Mk 2 never really got off the ground and cost them a lot of ff points and sc's in preparation for a battle for premium flyers that never took place!
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:33 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shillard:

This offer came about around the Ansett collapse/ S11 events. From discussion at the time it appeared restricted to Plats, offered through a targetted mailout.
</font>
Not all Plats were targetted. This little back duck was never given that offer. It would have been worth well over 1000 SC's to me at the time, but alas all I could do was ready about all the lucky bast H H H Hpeople who did well out of it.

[This message has been edited by NM (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:15 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Not all Plats were targetted. This little back duck was never given that offer.[/B]</font>
Nor was this one. I felt a bit p!ssed off that I had been a loyal QFF member for a number of years, yet the AN brigade were essentially getting premium status for half price.

I remember hoping for AN 2 (Tesna) to happen - serious consideration to asking for a status match and moving to *A.

But we do forgive our errant lovers, don't we?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by willyroo:
serious consideration to asking for a status match and moving to *A.</font>
Impure thoughts from our normally esteemed moderator.

Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:42 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I too got the double points, double SC offer. I think I have posted about this previosly but in a nutshell there were a couple of different offers. Double SC Double Points, Double SC no double points and double points no double SC. We have 7 Plats in our office and 3 Golds and only 2 plats got the full offer with everyone else getting one or none of the above. From memory it was also timed with the intro of Lifetime Silver and Lifetime gold.

I now have &lt; 5000 SC to go to LT Gold so should make it either this year or next.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 1:27 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
After the lifetime gold , aim for lifetime ruby with American .
1 million miles will do it.

Why?. Just in case the rules change and AA drop out of OneWorld. The thought of standing in an economy line in the US would mean i wouldn't ever travel there on self funded (ie economy) seats.
Besides, there isn't anything worth pushing for for after Lifetime Gold in QF.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 3:37 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AshleyF:
Besides, there isn't anything worth pushing for for after Lifetime Gold in QF. </font>
After reaching Lifetime Gold its time to get a life
Old Jan 29, 2004, 7:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisG:
What is the next magical level to push for?</font>
Unfortunately, QF do not have lifetime WP. In fact, I cannot think of many airlines which do offer lifetime membership at the highest status. KL is one exception. After about 12 years on highest level, you keep it for life. Can anyone think of any other airlines which do have lifetime membership on the highest status?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 5:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF ExLurker:
Can anyone think of any other airlines which do have lifetime membership on the highest status?</font>
SQ offers Lifetime solitaire. This also counts as a higher status than solitaire or PPS - whereas with QF Lifetime gold is exactly what it says - nothing more. I achieved Lifetime gold 6 months ago (Thanks in part to the 2001 double SC promotion others have mentioned) and I can confirm there are no 'hidden' benefits, no special card etc. - you are still behind all the CLs when it comes to domestic seating, upgrade waitlist, the elusive invol. upgrade etc.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 8:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kangaroo route:
SQ offers Lifetime solitaire. This also counts as a higher status than solitaire or PPS.</font>
Thanks for that information. Actually I am mainly interested in the tier bonus that comes with the lifetime status. I think that the status bonus (they call it "tier bonus")with SQ KrisFlyer is only 25% at all levels, i.e. there no advance in status bonus after Silver? And it applies only on SQ, Silk Air and Virgin Atlantic, not on all *A. So the QF program is better in that respect, lifetime SG means lifetime 50% status bonus, and it applies on QF and BA and AA. Ideally I would like to find a program where you can get lifetime status bonus of 100% and which applies on many partners. Maybe that ideal program does not exist? Lifetime 100% bonus on only the program's own airline would be quite good also.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 4:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF ExLurker:
Thanks for that information. Actually I am mainly interested in the tier bonus that comes with the lifetime status. I think that the status bonus (they call it "tier bonus")with SQ KrisFlyer is only 25% at all levels, i.e. there no advance in status bonus after Silver? And it applies only on SQ, Silk Air and Virgin Atlantic, not on all *A. So the QF program is better in that respect, lifetime SG means lifetime 50% status bonus, and it applies on QF and BA and AA. Ideally I would like to find a program where you can get lifetime status bonus of 100% and which applies on many partners. Maybe that ideal program does not exist? Lifetime 100% bonus on only the program's own airline would be quite good also.</font>
You are right. Most Solitaire/PPS members on SQ are after the status and associated benefits (e.g. Krug in SIN PPS lounge) and in fact the program rules allow them to credit their miles to another *A carrier when flying SQ, only the status credit (they call it sectors) goes to PPS. So the PPS members don't care about the tiny 25% bonus.

Anyway, back to the topic, I think what you are after is AA Lifetime Platinum. At least as of 2002, it gave 100% bonus and kicked in after 2m program miles (i.e. including partners, credit cards, etc). I am sure somebody at the AA forum could confirm that this still exists.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 6:30 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
AA lifetime platinum does indeed still exist and gives 100% mileage bonus on all Oneworld airlines, though this was recently diluted with the exclusion of some fare classes (varies by airline, none are excluded for AA flights). Personally I fail to see the value of lifetime 100% bonus -- if you fly enough that it becomes significant you will also qualify for that year. Maybe lifetime EXP will be offered, recently DL introduced lifetime Platinum (their Emerald equivalent) but at 4 million qmiles (bonuses excluded). LH is rumored to be introducing a new top tier (their CL equivalent) but requiring lots of travel (the equivalent of 30 paid-F transAtlantic flights per year; but no lifetime benefits). It looks like the industry is beginning to look at raising the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.