Wiki Posts
Search

QF SYD to PVG connecting MU to SZX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
QF SYD to PVG connecting MU to SZX

Still a rookie at this so please forgive any mistakes. To start with, I'm not sure the best place to post this is in this forum or others. I started here because my first question(s) is: Will QF check my bags out of SYD all the way to SZX and print my boarding passes all the way? If the answers to either of those is "no", can anyone advise what I need to do in PVG? Any other connection advice would be helpful. I'm flying business to PVG and economy to SZX. Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If it is all on one ticket you might be able to get a boarding pass for the MU flight at SYD, but if on separate tickets then definitely will not.

I don't know whether QF and MU have baggage interline agreement, which is needed for QF to through check the bags.

Regardless, at PVG you will need to go through immigration, collect your bags and take them through customs, transfer to the domestic part of the terminal and re-deposit your bags (and pick up boarding pass if you don't already have it). You'll need plenty of time to do all this - at least 1 hour + whatever MU's minimum check in time is.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If it is all on one ticket you might be able to get a boarding pass for the MU flight at SYD, but if on separate tickets then definitely will not.

I don't know whether QF and MU have baggage interline agreement, which is needed for QF to through check the bags.

Regardless, at PVG you will need to go through immigration, collect your bags and take them through customs, transfer to the domestic part of the terminal and re-deposit your bags (and pick up boarding pass if you don't already have it). You'll need plenty of time to do all this - at least 1 hour + whatever MU's minimum check in time is.
Kiwi Flyer - many thanks. I have an almost 4 hour layover so hopefully I will have plenty of time to do what I need. I can't tell if I have one ticket or separate tickets. I have one receipt from our travel agent but I the charges hit my AmEx in 2 pieces.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: QF Plat | UA MP
Just a note perhaps of some (minor) interest - you will arrive into the new Terminal 2 at PVG. The domestic MU flights depart from Terminal 1. Is probably a 10 minute leisurely stroll between the two terminals. Just head for the Maglev station and then keep walking.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by LMB01
Kiwi Flyer - many thanks. I have an almost 4 hour layover so hopefully I will have plenty of time to do what I need. I can't tell if I have one ticket or separate tickets. I have one receipt from our travel agent but I the charges hit my AmEx in 2 pieces.
If everything is on the same intinery then that should usually mean (but not always) that you are on the same ticket. Given that you booked through a TA then I would say you are most likely on the one ticket/intin.

KiwiFlyer I'm not 100% positive but I would assume that given MU/QF codeshare on the PVG service they most probably do have a baggage interline agreement.

Edit to add: I just checked the QF website and it looks like that codeshare no longer operates????

Last edited by bensyd; Apr 10, 2008 at 3:41 am Reason: Updated with my research

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.