Wiki Posts
Search

Award Avail - alternate resources

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2003, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Award Avail - alternate resources

With the demise of etour.jp ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/005904.html ) does anyone know of an alternate way to look up U/X/E availability on QF flights.

I know qantas.com Can be used but it is too restrictive (in the US travel date must be 3-4 days from today) and too hard to use. Plus it doesn't give you all the fare codes availbility which etour does (did).
Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:52 pm

www.flyaow/classamex.htm
Old Sep 11, 2003, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I have used this one previously - didn't realise it showed U.

Unfortunately it seems to completely ignore the airlines choice (esp BA which I look up often) - something about AMEX and BA not being the best of buddies.

Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also try http://www.cs.haifa.ac.il/~shuly/flight.html
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat & Lifetime Gold, Velocity Gold, SQ PPS
Hi - just joined this great forum.

If I goto AOW and I see something like:

J9 C9 D9 I0 U0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V6 S4 N4

Can anyone tell me what the numbers mean after each letter?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:31 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Hi DI542 welcome to FT and the QF forum.

Each of the letters refers to cabin class and subclass. For example F is full fare first class, A is discounted F. Similarly C, D and I are the discounted subclasses of full fare business (J) class; U is for award bookings in biz.

The number after each letter indicates the notional number of seats available at time of checking - 9 is the highest number displayed, which usually indicates good availability in a particular fare class.

A '0' after a fare class either means that it's full or that you cannot book any more seats in that category unless the airline decided to release more inventory.

You may like to hop over to the 'sticky' thread at the top of the BA Executive Club forum, which deals with this any many other initial questions you may have that aren't presently addressed within the QF forum.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:34 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Welcome to FT. Don't be afraid to use the forum search option, where are likely to find answers to many questions.

The letters are the fare codes, for Qantas (and most airlines, though there is some variation) P, F, A and Z being First Class cabin; J, D, C, I, U are business class cabin; Y and the rest are economy class cabin.

The number is the minimum number of seats available for sale for that sector in that fare class.

The difference fare types in each cabin class reflect different prices and conditions. For example, F is full fare first class, A is discounted forst class used for things like round-the-world fares. Z is free/award tickets.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 1:29 am

Programs: QF Plat & Lifetime Gold, Velocity Gold, SQ PPS
Thanks to both of you - very informative.

I'll also check the thread on the BA forum.

Rgds, Mark
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Common numbers you see are 9 (maximum it will show), and sometimes 7 and 4 are the maximum the airline will release at any one time - more may be released later but need some experience (or luck!) to work out if that is likely or not in each specific case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.