Search

QF51 Seating choices

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF SG, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, HH Gold
Question QF51 Seating choices

Hi Guys!

I am off to Singapore this afternoon (QF51 BNE 1400) and was wondering about seat choices in economy cabin? I think I remember sitting in row 58 and it being a bulkhead last time however I knew someone here would have the right info....

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

PP
Old Nov 10, 2004, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Also, before I forget.

1. What are the chances of an on-dep upgrade on QF51 normally?
2. I did a search and found a bit of info on QF51 seating but it seemed a bit old and I didn't know how to do a checkmytrip search as I can't find the amadeus no.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Press Photog,

to answer your questions:

1. Upgrade chances - slim to none. I have done this run 6 times this year and the flight hasn't been full enough to warrant any op-ups, not to say that I won't happen to you. The load look like they are wide open so I don't like your chances.
2. Seating choice - I tend to shy away from bulkhead seats because of an old rugby injury that means that if my leg isn't straight i'm not happy, so sorry I can't help. I think 58 is the exit row but don't quote me on that

Hope this helps
Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:56 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
You cannot do On-Departure Upgrades for international flights. That is only available for domestic flights. If you have not waitlisted for an upgarde according to the leadtime for you elite status, then not much chance at all.

I would asking for an exit row, and other for forward aisle. I would lloking for the starboard side in front of the economy galley (rows 25-30 or so I think from memory). It just tends to be a little quieter there than out in the vast spaces of the main cabin.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:11 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Hey, Press Photog, you've been quiet lately...must be that new entertainment room.

Looks like an empty flight too... according to ITN, J9 C9 D9 I0 U0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9

As NM said, had you put in a waitlist request yesterday by 2pm, you probably would have scored an upgrade. But would it be worth the points or UC's....probably (but didn't you use all your points for Mrs PP down south?)
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:45 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Talking

Actually, on the phone to Press Photog and NM now. Changes a'happening on his 743 seating now courtesy of Check My Trip
Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Just to add to all that's been mentioned, it's a shame it's today that the flight is, because it looks like they're still running the 747-400's up BNE-SIN on Tuesdays, but every other day is the 747-300 (though just be glad that the blue beast is probably off to Manila today, not Singapore, so at least it'll be slimline seats to relax in).

If the loads are anything like when I flew back from SIN on QF52 a couple of weeks ago (and it looks like it) you should be able to get a couple of seats blocked off at least (I ended up with three to myself and caught some zzz's). Not quite as pleasant as getting the Skybed on the way across on QF51, but still pleasant enough (also the first time I've seen them assign the upper deck to WHY class on the 747-400's, but I wasn't complaining!).
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:02 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
And note that the trip north is daytime, while the return QF52 is overnight. I know which one I would saving my UCs/Point for . Get yourself on the waitlist for an upgrade on the return flight ASAP.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by NM
And note that the trip north is daytime, while the return QF52 is overnight. I know which one I would saving my UCs/Point for . Get yourself on the waitlist for an upgrade on the return flight ASAP.
Right on! I couldn't get my wife & I upgraded on SIN-SYD (QF6) last year, so went via BNE on QF52 instead - in the end, Biz Class was only 50% full; the crew were outstanding (my most memorable flight with QF)!! Sure, there's a short stop-over in BNE but the QP came in handy ^

Cheers.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:21 pm

Well, PressPhotog ended up with 40H on QF51 (I think) and a seat blocked next to him.

He might not be coming back on QF52 (if I tell you why, I'll have to kill you ), but he is currently booked in 38H (the seat that NM and I suggested) if he does...
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:34 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by QF WP
Well, PressPhotog ended up with 40H on QF51 (I think) and a seat blocked next to him.

He might not be coming back on QF52 (if I tell you why, I'll have to kill you ), but he is currently booked in 38H (the seat that NM and I suggested) if he does...
End my life now QF WP, but spare the rest as they are but innocents that were drawn into this grubby tale through nothing more than that great sense of wanting to know everyone elses business. As we all do. You can push me into the path of a train at St James if that's satisfaction enough.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QF WP

You guys crack me up!! It ain't all that secret really

Anyway, travelled over in 40H as QF WP mentioned and had both other seats blocked out. Was very relaxing, had a kip, watched The Terminal and Bourne Supremacy, had a few HP lights and stood and chatted at the back bar. (classy name for the back dunny section).

Very doubtful that I will use my return leg, will most likely travel on Sing Air. Any suggestions on J seating locations on SQ227?

BTW, loving the Marina Mandarin!

Also, I didn't realise that K & B class on international only get a measly 1/2 SC points!!!! DAMN.... Anyone help out with classes for full SC's? Thanks!

PP
Old Nov 11, 2004, 2:42 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Press Photog
Also, I didn't realise that K & B class on international only get a measly 1/2 SC points!!!! DAMN.... Anyone help out with classes for full SC's? Thanks!

PP
Y class fares are the only type that earn full SC's. B, H and so on earn discount.

I really wish Qantas would bring into line their domestic and international SC policies.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bravoecho
Y class fares are the only type that earn full SC's. B, H and so on earn discount.

I really wish Qantas would bring into line their domestic and international SC policies.
Please do not wish for such things they may come true. Remember, the policies used to be in line and only Y earned full SCs domestically.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 5:41 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Please do not wish for such things they may come true. Remember, the policies used to be in line and only Y earned full SCs domestically.
Sorry Dave, I'm with bravecho here. It is a bizzare situation that you can book a K fare from SYD to MEL and earn 20 SCs for a little over an hour in the plane but booking anything other than WHY in economy up to BKK, SIN or HKG and spending over 7 hours in the plane gets you the grand total of only 5 more SCs. QF is getting more and more competition on these routes and you would think that a few SC inducements could work wonders......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.