Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas to drop Rome?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2003, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Qantas to drop Rome?

Saw this message from another forum.

Qantas is in final stage negotiation with Alitalia for a code-share deal. Qantas plans to drop Rome when Alitalia starts daily 772ER service on MXP-KUL-SYD (w/ full traffic right).

Does anyone have more details?
Old May 6, 2003, 8:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
So does that mean QF will finially code share on BA LHR-FCO ?
Old May 7, 2003, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jiml1126:
Saw this message from another forum.

Qantas is in final stage negotiation with Alitalia for a code-share deal. Qantas plans to drop Rome when Alitalia starts daily 772ER service on MXP-KUL-SYD (w/ full traffic right).

Does anyone have more details?
</font>
I'd be very surprised if this occured - QF has no trouble booking seats SYD-BNE-FCO, try getting an award seat as a pleb sometime, you've got SFA chance on short-notice. J forward bookings aren't too high, but that's true of everything other than SYD-LAX and SYD-LHR pairs. Why hand over what is obviously a profitable operation?

Old May 7, 2003, 9:20 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Suppose it'll free up another 74x than they can use on the Longreach run.
Old May 15, 2003, 9:49 pm

But QF doesn't fly to KUL. so how would their passengers feed into Alitalia's flight at KUL?

Old May 15, 2003, 11:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
They won't - they will feed into Alitalia flights at SYD.

Dave
Old May 16, 2003, 2:25 am

I don't put much faith in the original report at all. Can anyone really see a daily 777 to Milan being profitable? AZ is too highly unionized and saddled with high costs to make it cost effective, with the traditional yields that are on the route. I'm sure they can make better use of the 3 or 4 777's they'd need to operate a daily service down here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.