Wiki Posts
Search

Boomerang Pass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat,Marriott Silver, HH nobody, QF Bronze/QP member
Boomerang Pass

Oh great Qantas gurus.....can you help? What are the advantages of a Boomerang Pass orver a regular ticket. We'll be traveling from Melbourne to Cairns in August. The only difference I can see is that the Pass is a few dollars more. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
The only advantage that a Boomerang Pass has is that it is flexible, as long as there are seats in the appropriate booking class.

If you are 100% sure of your travel dates, I would go with a red e-deal, will prove a STACK cheaper.

Dave
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:48 am
Original Poster

My thoughts exactly!! Thanks! The red-E deal it is.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:15 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
The other time Boomerang passes can be attractive is for sectors that don't attract low red-e deal on-line fares. But on the common routes, as thadocta says, if you are sure of you travel date/time, then there are cheaper ways to travel on QF.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 2:07 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Boomerang passes are relatively good value on some routes - eg Perth to NZ for AUD$310 per sector would be difficult to comeby elsewhere ....
Old Apr 11, 2003, 8:45 am

E-deals are the go between MEL-CNS!
Old Apr 11, 2003, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

It does look that way. I'm getting a fare of 878.54 AUD roundtrip for two from MEL to CNS. Sounds like the way to go. Thanks for all your input!!

(editied for spelling, we yanks never learned proper spelling.)

[This message has been edited by msnflyer (edited 04-11-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.