How much (%) is 14 Apr fare increase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2003, 9:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
How much (%) is 14 Apr fare increase

My travel agent has FINIALLY notified me that fares (for my Circle Pacific ex SYD) ticket will rise next week. I have seen other threads quoting 4 or 5%. Can anyone please advise which it is (4 or 5%). I just want to check that the agent passes on the full amount (or hopefully less) rather than pad it out over the full amount to try to cover the discount they gave me on the initial agreement.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 9:38 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Up to 15% for some Oneworld fares, most are 10% increase but the increase is different for each one. Also significant changes in conditions, making it *very* attractive to buy your ticket prior to April 14, otherwise you get the new restrictive conditions (that can be a bigger impact than the fare increase, depending on your circumstances).
Old Apr 9, 2003, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Is this only applies to Oz or is it a worldwide increase?
Cheers
Old Apr 9, 2003, 11:51 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wongo:
Is this only applies to Oz or is it a worldwide increase?
Cheers
</font>
I presume its worldwide. The FT OneWorld Forum ("End of the world as we know it") has been talking about this for a month so its not news to me. My agent also just said that she didn't know the % increase - only that it was happening next Monday! Maybe I'll know by the end of the day.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 3:59 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
It's the end of the World as we know it..and I feel fine ( copyright, REM) - particularly when I'm in a QC with a HB in my hand!!!!!
Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:34 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
It's the end of the World as we know it..and I feel fine ( copyright, REM) - particularly when I'm in a QC with a HB in my hand!!!!!</font>
Thanks QF WP. I'm out of Coopers (you *******). It was also almost the end of the world as I know it when I signed the AMEX voucher for the Circ Pac tickets tonight! I would have "only" have been slugged 2% if I paid up after Monday which I suppose is still a bargain compared with the 5 to 10 % that I could have been slugged (and was expecting).

Number_6 - my agent said no change to the rules (but I don't necessarily believe her).

Wongo - given other comments in the OW forum, I think its worldwide.

The agent inferred that it is a good thing that the prices have risen - it means they have business (at least until Monday 14 April), otherwise they would have an empty shop.

(YIPEEEE -- at last - I have been edited by the FT censors! the ******* stands for bastar*)

[This message has been edited by og (edited 04-10-2003).]
Old Apr 10, 2003, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"agent inferred that it is a good thing that the prices have risen "

Nah, I reckon she implied it to be honest, you inferred it from what she implied

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.