Wiki Posts
Search

SAS for mileage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2002, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

SAS for mileage

Earning points on SAS in Norway
As a result of a recent Norwegian Market Court ruling, Qantas Frequent Flyers will no longer earn Frequent Flyer points when travelling on SAS services on Norwegian domestic routes with effect from 1 August 2002.

You will still be able to earn Frequent Flyer points on flights operated by SAS with an "SK" flight number within Scandinavia and between Scandinavia and Asia (except flights booked in R and N class).*

Qantas Frequent Flyers can make Award bookings on SAS services within Scandinavia (excluding Greenland), within Asia, and between Scandinavia and Asia/USA/Europe.

i just read this from the Qantas site.
SAS is * alliance member.
how can this happen?
Old Sep 16, 2002, 8:00 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
It happens because SAS and Qantas are partners, regardless of their other alliances.

You do not earn QF points in Sweden either on any route where SAS has a competing airline unless the flight is part of an international itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.