Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quantas First Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SYDguy:
BWatson Yes QF F+J pax have access to BA Arrivals lounge at LHR.</font>
Point of order, m'lard.

I arrived at LHR in a J seat but a Y ticket - I had upgraded using status credits. I was not granted access to the arrivals lounge, they said it was for J and P "ticket holders" only.

Dave
Old Sep 16, 2002, 1:53 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
Point of order, m'lard.

I arrived at LHR in a J seat but a Y ticket - I had upgraded using status credits. I was not granted access to the arrivals lounge, they said it was for J and P "ticket holders" only.

Dave
</font>
How would they have known? The boarding pass does not show that it was a U class upgraded fare. And anyway, the way you got the ticket should not matter - paid, upgrade, award, freebe - a J boarding pass is a J boarding pass.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 2:01 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Originally posted by thadocta:
Point of order, m'lard.

Dave
</font>
How would they have known? The boarding pass does not show that it was a U class upgraded fare. And anyway, the way you got the ticket should not matter - paid, upgrade, award, freebe - a J boarding pass is a J boarding pass.
They specifically asked for the ticket - it said "L" class, and they denied me entry, despite my boarding class stating "Business Class".

Dave
Old Sep 16, 2002, 2:08 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
They specifically asked for the ticket - it said "L" class, and they denied me entry, despite my boarding class stating "Business Class".

Dave
</font>
Platinums are granted access to the arrivals lounge regardless of class of service.

Old Sep 16, 2002, 2:29 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozzie:
Platinums are granted access to the arrivals lounge regardless of class of service.</font>
I was non-status (i.e. Qantas Club (paid) Bronze) at the time, arriving on QF9 in Business Class with a paid L class ticket.

Dave
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:45 pm

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
Interesting. The boarding pass is usually enough, along with the 'ave a shower on us' paper.
Only time I have had to show the ticket is when I couldn't show the boarding pass.
Maybe someone had warned them about you Dave?
;-)
Old Sep 16, 2002, 1:09 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
BA are quite strict on this. I have often heard them asking if someone was upgraded. A couple of years ago at LAX, a couple in front of me tried to gain entry to the Lounge and were refused. The lounge attendant pointed out that they had been "involuntary upgraded" (it so on the BP) and were not entitled to entry. They were a bit miffed!
Old Sep 16, 2002, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When I have arrived into Heathrow and tried to gain access to the lounge, they have checked with the computer to check where I had come in from even though I had a BP there. I assume that they would have been able to tell if I had been upgraded from that

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.