Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2002, 4:55 pm

Yes, Marina is the person to talk to.

She organised Ansett Golden Wing membership for me last year and was very helpful when Ansett made a mess of my membership.

Her full name is Marina Paolini, and she works at travel.com's Parramatta office.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Does Qantas Club have a life membership?
Old Jul 24, 2002, 2:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
Does Qantas Club have a life membership?</font>
Yes - but then, so did Ansett Golden Wing, and a fat lot of good that is doing to those who paid about $A3K for it about 12 months ago.

Dave
Old Jul 24, 2002, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thank you.

Sorry I hadn't found this link before.

https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyns/qantasclub/joinqc
Old Aug 2, 2002, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally posted by AshleyF:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If you are joining Qantas club primarily for the use of Admirals Club in the USA, I would save your money.

I am not sure if you can gain access to the Admirals club unless you are on a connecting international flight. I was in LAX last week, flying domestic first on AA. I am a top tier status with AA as well as QF but was denied access as I did not have Admirals Club membership. !! [quote deleted in part]</font>
Originally posted by ozzie:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Prior to being Gold on QF, I used my QF CLub membership on numerous occasions in the US to gain access to Admiral's Clubs. You should definitely have been given access to the club based on your QF Platinum status.</font>
Do any other Qantas Club members have experience one way or another? I wonder how close an international flight would have to be--if indeed that is a requirement--to a same-day AA flight be able to use the AA Admiral's Club.

Since they are OneWorld partners, I can't see how or why AA would refuse admittance. I can understand how they would require a same-day AA journey. Perhaps one should carry around a copy of the "reciprocity rules" to show AA? Are there such rules?

Your input would be most appreciated as I contemplate whether to buy a membership.
Old Aug 2, 2002, 5:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
Do any other Qantas Club members have experience one way or another? I wonder how close an international flight would have to be--if indeed that is a requirement--to a same-day AA flight be able to use the AA Admiral's Club.

Since they are OneWorld partners, I can't see how or why AA would refuse admittance. I can understand how they would require a same-day AA journey. Perhaps one should carry around a copy of the "reciprocity rules" to show AA? Are there such rules?

Your input would be most appreciated as I contemplate whether to buy a membership.
</font>
There is no requirement to be taking an international flight in order to access AA lounges with a QF Club membership. The only requirement is that you are departing on an AA flight.

The misunderstandings to do with international flights is to do with access to lounges using a OW Sapphire/Emerald card. Since AA do not allow their DisAAdvantaged members to use lounges by virtue of status when travelling domestically, some lounge agents seem to think that this should apply to all OW members . I never had any hassles getting AA lounge access when using a QF Club card.

Dave
Old Aug 2, 2002, 10:38 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I have used my Qantas Card twice to enter the AC while traveling domestically on AA. No problems at all and received 1 drink chit w/a second one upon request one time and the second time had to ask but received one drink chit.

A Qantas Club card trumps a no-drink-receiving Admiral's Club card AAny day!

</font>
Old Aug 9, 2002, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See also "Disappointed: Admirals Club - don't know the rules" (re: admittance based on OW status, not QF Club membership, but illustrating capriciousness of some Admirals Club receptionists)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/007011.html

"best lounge program" (comparing AA & QF clubs)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum83/HTML/000948.html

[Edited to add second link.]

[This message has been edited by SPN Lifer (edited 08-09-2002).]
Old Aug 9, 2002, 9:08 pm

I have a Qantas club membership and use is in the AC on all domestic US flights. I am always welcomed and never have had a problem. As far as drink coupons go just ask and you will receive. I have not yet used it in a Qantas club lounge but look forward to doing so soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.