FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Club
Thread: Qantas Club
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2002, 5:58 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
Originally posted by AshleyF:
Do any other Qantas Club members have experience one way or another? I wonder how close an international flight would have to be--if indeed that is a requirement--to a same-day AA flight be able to use the AA Admiral's Club.

Since they are OneWorld partners, I can't see how or why AA would refuse admittance. I can understand how they would require a same-day AA journey. Perhaps one should carry around a copy of the "reciprocity rules" to show AA? Are there such rules?

Your input would be most appreciated as I contemplate whether to buy a membership.
</font>
There is no requirement to be taking an international flight in order to access AA lounges with a QF Club membership. The only requirement is that you are departing on an AA flight.

The misunderstandings to do with international flights is to do with access to lounges using a OW Sapphire/Emerald card. Since AA do not allow their DisAAdvantaged members to use lounges by virtue of status when travelling domestically, some lounge agents seem to think that this should apply to all OW members . I never had any hassles getting AA lounge access when using a QF Club card.

Dave