Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 QF 744s at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: QF Bronze
The QF008 fans will be pleased to know it is being reinstated from I believe next January.
i.e. the lunchtime departure from LAX.

I dont know about these much talked about flights to DFW. Has it been officially announced anywhere that they are going to eventuate?

[This message has been edited by 744 (edited 06-24-2002).]
Old Jun 24, 2002, 11:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 744:
I dont know about these much talked about flights to DFW. Has it been officially announced anywhere that they are going to eventuate?</font>
Yes - it has been mentioned a few times by QF. The increased range of the 747-438ER will allow it to do AKL-DFW with a full load of cargo, and as part of the new co-operation with AA DFW will become a new destination for QF.

Dave
Old Jun 25, 2002, 9:10 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 744:
I dont know about these much talked about flights to DFW. Has it been officially announced anywhere that they are going to eventuate?
</font>
As Dave said, it has been announced. QF can't announce schedules yet since they don't knwo exactly when they will receive the aircraft. I assume they will need at least 2 aircraft to operate the route on a 3-times a week initial schedule (my assumption, nothing from QF at this stage).

Once QF know when they will have the aircraft available, expect to see them appear in teh schedule and an announcement. I am hoping for an October launch and am trying to plan my next DFW trip to be in the late October, or November timeframe to take advantage of this routing.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 9:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
As Dave said, it has been announced. QF can't announce schedules yet since they don't knwo exactly when they will receive the aircraft. I assume they will need at least 2 aircraft to operate the route on a 3-times a week initial schedule (my assumption, nothing from QF at this stage).

Once QF know when they will have the aircraft available, expect to see them appear in teh schedule and an announcement. I am hoping for an October launch and am trying to plan my next DFW trip to be in the late October, or November timeframe to take advantage of this routing.
</font>
The other issue is slots at DFW - not a problem in itself, since AA will be giving up slots to QF, but that requires a bit of long-term planning.

If *I* was running the show (and I clearly am not, but who cares), I would have the following scenario:

QF11 SYD-LAX
QF107 SYD-LAX-JFK
QF7 SYD-AKL-DFW
QF25 BNE-AKL-LAX

With the QF25 and QF7 meeting in AKL for transfer purposes. Likewise with a flight from MEL to AKL into AKL at about the same time.

But then, what would I know, I only travel on the **** things.....

Dave
Old Jun 25, 2002, 5:13 pm

Delighted to hear that QF8 is to be reinstated. Getting to Sydney at 9:40PM local time makes sense. Have flown this schedule several times and never had any trouble getting a good nights sleep. Jet lag? What jet lag?
Old Jun 26, 2002, 6:18 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
If *I* was running the show (and I clearly am not, but who cares), I would have the following scenario:

QF11 SYD-LAX
QF107 SYD-LAX-JFK
QF7 SYD-AKL-DFW
QF25 BNE-AKL-LAX

With the QF25 and QF7 meeting in AKL for transfer purposes. Likewise with a flight from MEL to AKL into AKL at about the same time.

But then, what would I know, I only travel on the **** things.....

Dave
</font>
Makes sence to me ... again as one who travels on the *& &$ things.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 6:59 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
NM
You ask whether QF ever did LAX-LHR in the 707s. Yes, I believe so but I think it went via SFO (SYD NAN HNL SFO JFK LHR). There was also a route SYD NAN PPT Acapulco, Mexico City, Nassau, Bermuda, LHR. The only IFE was the window or a book. This was 30 yrs ago. I can recall flying over the Mexico coast and seeing palm trees and beaches. The breakfast served just before that - some concoction loaded in PPT - included rock hard bread rolls that nobody could eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.