Search

Qantas Club Guest Passes

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2002, 7:36 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
Qantas Club Guest Passes

Recently gone Gold, and thus I do not need a guest pass to get my first guest in. Only problem is that I rarely travel with more than one guest.

Thus, I am lumbered with about 30 guest passes that I will not use. I am open to suggestions as to what I should do with them - should I use them as land-fill, or should I place them in my sullage pit.

All suggestions welcome, please email me at [email protected]

Dave

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited 05-19-2002).]
Old May 19, 2002, 7:57 am

Location: Naples, FL/Monaco ... Hilton Gold ... Starwood Gold...Hyatt Plat
YGM

------------------
Tom
Old May 19, 2002, 11:29 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
You can only use the guest pass if a QF club member is present with you...i.e.you can't enter the lounge solely with the guest pass, hence limiting its value.

------------------
kpc
Old May 20, 2002, 8:08 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kpc:
You can only use the guest pass if a QF club member is present with you...i.e.you can't enter the lounge solely with the guest pass, hence limiting its value.</font>
And your point is? There are plenty of people on this board who are either Qantas Club members or GOld or Platinum frequent flyers, and who thus have QF Club access. I think they know this.

Dave
Old May 20, 2002, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
And your point is? There are plenty of people on this board who are either Qantas Club members or GOld or Platinum frequent flyers, and who thus have QF Club access. I think they know this.

Dave
</font>
I think he was mentioning this for the benefit of any bronze or silver members who may not have realised this and thought that they would be able to use the pass on its own.

I did come across one enterprising chap at SYD one day who had a guest pass and asked if he could come in as a guest with me.

Dave
Old May 20, 2002, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Someone asked me for the one I'm supposed to get with my new Silver kit, but if it's only good with a QF club member and nto solo, then it's not worth very much...
Old May 20, 2002, 12:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nologic:
Someone asked me for the one I'm supposed to get with my new Silver kit, but if it's only good with a QF club member and nto solo, then it's not worth very much...</font>
The Silver pass is a one off entry pass which allows access on its own . The ones that were being referred to here are the 10 guest passes that you get each year as a QF Club member or as a Gold/Platinum member. When you receive your Gold pack you will get a set of 10 guest passes and then you will get another set with your platinum pack. Each year that you requalify for gold/platinum you will get an extra 10. If you never take more than 1 guest into a Qantas Lounge at any time, they just amass, though the new ones now have expiry dates

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Noble (edited 05-20-2002).]
Old May 21, 2002, 2:59 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
I think he was mentioning this for the benefit of any bronze or silver members who may not have realised this and thought that they would be able to use the pass on its own.</font>
Thank you for clarifying the point I was trying to make...

------------------
kpc
Old May 21, 2002, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I did come across one enterprising chap at SYD one day who had a guest pass and asked if he could come in as a guest with me.</font>
That's one a lot of the UA folks use.

Thadocta. If you oranyone else still have a few, Joh and I could certainly use them in future and we'd appreciate it. Address is G.Stephens, Box 7, Castlecrag, 2068.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old May 21, 2002, 5:46 am
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
Nologic:

With your Silver kit you get one complimentary entry pass to the Qantas Club, you can enter without a member. It's not in anyone's name. It usually has an expiry date of 12 months.
Old May 21, 2002, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Oh...that sounds different than what these guys have so many of...
Old May 21, 2002, 3:50 pm
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
The complimentary entry pass is a freebie Qantas gives to its existing and/or new Silver members each year. I suppose to give them the opportunity to 'check out' the club in an effort to raise their (paid) membership. As I said however, anyone can use it and they don't ask for your Silver frequent flyer card at the door.

Membership to the club is very useful when you do a lot of (short) intercity trips: I used to go overnight on a weekly basis to Melbourne for about 2 years and on Friday afternoon I would regularly miss my (booked) 1pm flight. The 2pm flight would be cancelled and the 3pm flight didn't take off until 3.45pm or later... Or you would be waitlisted for the 4 or 5pm flight! With such a long, possible wait, it was always very nice to relax in the comfort of the Melbourne Qantas Club and sip a glass of champagne. Actually, the place would be FULL of business people (in the same boat as me) and be BOPPING!

[This message has been edited by Joh (edited 05-21-2002).]
Old May 21, 2002, 4:22 pm

"it was always very nice to relax in the comfort of the Melbourne Qantas Club and sip a glass of champagne."

You mean after the 2 hour wait for the clock to turn 3pm you were able to sip sparkling chardonnay I've never seen champagne in the domestic QF Clubs

One day they will come up with a credible reason for the lack of alkyfrol pre 3pm at MEL

Dave
Old May 21, 2002, 4:41 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
"it was always very nice to relax in the comfort of the Melbourne Qantas Club and sip a glass of champagne."

One day they will come up with a credible reason for the lack of alkyfrol pre 3pm at MEL
</font>
They tell me it is because of liquor laws in one particular state (can't remember which state though), and they want to have the same product in every domestic lounge around the country.

I guess this doesn't count as a "credible" reason though, does it.....

Dave
Old May 22, 2002, 2:13 am

"I guess this doesn't count as a "credible" reason though, does it....."

Are they seriously suggesting that they believe that product is better by being consistant rather than providing full service at locations where they can?

It's not very credible actually given that some lounges do open the bars earlier than 3pm.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.