Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading NRT-PER

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2002, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Upgrading NRT-PER

I posted this message in the AA forum, however it seems to fit as well if not better here. Please excuse any duplication from a newbie...

Husband and I are travelling AA AUS-PER roundtrip early July. NRT-PER is a Qantas code-share.
AA tell us that we can't upgrade on the code-share flights.
Neither of us have any status on Qantas.(On AA he's EXP , I'm a lowly PLA.)
If anyone has any suggestions on how we could upgrade on the Qantas flights we'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

------------------
Old Mar 31, 2002, 4:33 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Upgrades on QF for partners are generally not available. QF have only recently (Sept last year) allowed their own FF's to buy international upgrades using points or upgrade credits, and the availability is managed the same as redemption seats, so is heavily restricted.

QF generally only upgrade based on operational load (ie Y cabin is oversold and space in J), and then will select QF flyers based on status.

Basically, if you want to fly J with Qantas, you need to buy a J ticket or have some status with QF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.