Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2002, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Help with Award ticket

I am planning a Oneworld award ticket. I have reserved space in coach on Quantas flight 4 from HNL-SYD continuing onto Quantas Flight 1 from SYD-BKK beggining April 2 at 1:00 AM. I can't, however, seem to book it in Business class. Any suggestions on how to find business class availability?
Old Mar 3, 2002, 6:46 pm

Qantas like you using Qantas Metal but ask them if Cathy or BA have seats (they normally have MANY more than Qantas) - between the three you should be able to get a seat (this should work with the Oneworld ticket).
Old Mar 3, 2002, 8:05 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I don't think Cathy will have any seats on Quantas unless she is a paying passenger!

(nit pickers 'R' us!)

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Ansett Australia: In memory of "One of the world's great airlines"
Old Mar 4, 2002, 12:03 am

No but you can fly on CX110 or CX100 from Syd - HKG on CX metal, which is allowed with a OneWorld Award ticket. They wont let you fly on a codeshare with Qantas but they will let you fly on their metal under the one world award.
Old Mar 4, 2002, 4:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OzFlyer:
No but you can fly on CX110 or CX100 from Syd - HKG on CX metal, which is allowed with a OneWorld Award ticket. They wont let you fly on a codeshare with Qantas but they will let you fly on their metal under the one world award.</font>
*whoosh*
Old Mar 4, 2002, 4:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
</font>
Always been meaning to ask this, but never got around to it.

How can RichardMEL be a Star Alliance Member? I thought only airlines could be members of the Star Alliance, and us mere mortals could be members of a members FFP.

Or is RichardMEL an actual airline and he is not letting on?

Dave
Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
Always been meaning to ask this, but never got around to it.

How can RichardMEL be a Star Alliance Member? I thought only airlines could be members of the Star Alliance, and us mere mortals could be members of a members FFP.

Or is RichardMEL an actual airline and he is not letting on?

Dave
</font>

My cost structure seems high enough to be a bloody airline. Even Fox/Lew wouldn't go near me

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Ansett Australia: In memory of "One of the world's great airlines"
Feb 17, 1936 - March 4, 2002. R.I.P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.