How to get a free ticket on QF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2001, 3:37 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
How to get a free ticket on QF

A multi-stage ordeal:

1. Book a full, unrestricted J class fare on the internet, and request a paper ticket.

2. Find that your circumstances have changed, and that the person you were travelling with will no longer be travelling, and you now wish to go in Y.

3. After confirming the circumstances with the Internet Booking helpdesk, proceed to a Qantas ticket office to have them issue a new (unrestricted, fully refundable) ticket in Y, and arrange a refund of the difference between Y and J.

4. Be told - at the END OF THE TRANSACTION - that there would be an AUD50 (plus $5 GST) amendment fee (despite all of the Trade Practices law saying you should be told about such fees BEFORE making the changes).

5. Complain loudly to a supervisor.

6. Ring Customer Relations, and advise them that you are not happy that they have breached Trade Practices law. Also advise them that you cannot understand how it would cost you $55 to walk in with a fully refundable unrestricted J class ticket and walk out with a fully refundable unrestricted Y class ticket. Also advise that if you had known this was going to happen, you just would have requested a full refund of the J class ticket and bought a brand-spanking-new Y class on a different PNR.

7. Be offered a full refund of the J class and a complimentary Y class for the trip originally requested.

Dave

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited 07-12-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 9:39 am

Wishful thinking as far as QF goes!! Unless of course you have a personal experience to prove above.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 6:27 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spider:
Wishful thinking as far as QF goes!! Unless of course you have a personal experience to prove above.</font>
It happened to me two weeks ago.

Dave

Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:49 am

Dave,

Maybe you should buy some lottery tickets for the next jackpot draw? After all it's not that often that one can see flying pigs... . You're a lucky bugger!
Old Jul 25, 2001, 1:16 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spider:
Dave,

Maybe you should buy some lottery tickets for the next jackpot draw? After all it's not that often that one can see flying pigs... . You're a lucky bugger!
</font>
I think I should - but then, they have always been exceptionally helpful to me, and they clearly see web-based bookings as the way to cut costs (read: travel agents commissions) and the way of the future.

God only knows why they have web-based bookings going through Amadeus whilst their normal res system uses QUBE (and thus forcing web-based bookings to be seperate from normal bookings).

Perhaps their generosity on this occasion is to reinforce to staff that this is the way they want to go (as many people as possible using the web to book) and they need to make it as easy as possible, not as difficult as possible like they did in my case.

At least in me, they have a real life example that they can say cost them money.

Dave

Old Jul 27, 2001, 1:19 pm

If you don't mind me asking where was the trip from/to? Domestic or international? I might even take a punt on your gamble...
Old Jul 28, 2001, 12:50 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

If you don't mind me asking where was the trip from/to? Domestic or international? I might even take a punt on your gamble...</font>
SYD-MEL originally booked in J, wanted to change to Qbiz fare ($187 in K class, totally unrestricted and refundable).

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.