Wiki Posts
Search

Origin Pacific (Qantas) in NZ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2001, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Origin Pacific (Qantas) in NZ?

I understand that QF now operates within New Zealand from Auckland to both Christchurch and Wellington only. In November, I am booked on a QF codeshare flight on Origin Pacific aircraft (Dash 8's) between Wellington and Christchurch, and between Queenstown and Christchurch (with a QF operated connection to AKL).

When I look at these schedules for July and August, I do not see this service listed and there is no indication when this service is to begin, yet I do have confirmed reservations in November. I checked the website for Origin Pacific and they also don't mention this service and do not even show having Dash 8's, just SF3's!

Does anyone know what is going on here and should I be concerned that they might not even begin the service at all? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2001, 6:31 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I've just got back from New Zealand and saw an Origin Pacific Dash-8 taking off at Wellington airport, so they do have some of the aircraft! They have only just bought them - from what was previously Qantas New Zealand - and are just starting their new schedules, which by the sound of it have been thrown together so quickly that websites etc have not been properly updated yet. So I wouldn't panic just yet...

By the way, Origin Pacific are a low-cost, no-frills carrier so don't let the Qantas branding fool you into expecting much in the way of inflight service. Hope you got a good price!
Old Jul 26, 2001, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Thanks for the assurance! At least I know they are flying. The flights I haved booked are so short, I don't really care if they give me peanuts or not. However, they are rather expensive. It cost NZ$421 for the two segments noted above. With the great exchange rate, it works out to US$193.

I am told that QF now has a Kiwi airpass for NZ, but Origin Pacific is not yet part of it. They expect them to be, but don't know when.
Old Jul 27, 2001, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I am not sure whether you can book them, but QF has dirt cheap non refundable tickets for flights in NZ that can be purchased through an agent or online at www.qantas.co.nz

Basically $89 AKL/CHC or $75 CHC/WLG which are as cheap as they have ever been.

These prices are NZD so take 40% of those to get to USD - FF points are acrued on these.

Sorry no idea on CHC/ZQN that could be the whole reason why the price is high as that is a holiday destination and is rarely cheap - usually around NZD $280. But can get it cheaply in a ski or holiday package.

Unfortunately both the QF and Origin flights are low cost versions of the QF service - unless QF service in Australia has dropped considerably in the past 3 years. Cheese and crackers (no alcohol - do not have a licence) in J is simply not good enough - free flight though!

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.