Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF 'exclusive priority phone numbers' for Gold members ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2001, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

*Quote from QF FF website*
>Gold Frequent Flyers receive the highest >level of service whenever they call for >reservations or to make enquiries. You'll >have access to exclusive priority phone >numbers within Australia and overseas, >available for Gold members only.

Can any GOLD member tell me if they have used this special number and if they experience any difference in the service ???

Anyone can tell me what this number is ???

------------------
My favourite pay-to-surf programs ....

http://www.lottoforever.com/[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2001, 11:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
The system works well from Borneo, and from other parts of the world as well. QF pay the international toll for Gold members to contact Qantas rsvns back in Australia. The number used depends upon the country from which you are phoning.
You should have the numbers in a little folder which you receive as a gold member. As noted on other boards, it is inadvisable to post the numbers, otherwise were non-goldies to use this valuable privilege then it may be withdrawn. Koala
Old Jul 14, 2001, 2:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I found the number on their website, and as soon as they brought up my profile they transferred me to normal Qantas Club reservations. They are only allowed to deal with Gold FF's - I suppose this makes sense, if they were to deal with whoever rang the number the gold's would be delayed.

Dave
Old Jul 14, 2001, 11:40 pm

I'm impressed that you managed to find the gold number on the qantas web-site!
Old Jul 15, 2001, 1:17 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
I thought all the FF/QC phone numbers now effectively go to the same place; they require you to key in your FF#, and based on that they route to whichever set of operators is appropriate.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 6:59 am
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
Dear Billy Hughes [a nice historic name]
You are right for domestic use. However, as I mentioned earlier, the really valuable #'s are the toll free ones from overseas to QF rsvn in the land of OZ. When stuck after hours trying to make a late connection from PEN to a QF flight, having that access was a godsend. QF offices in many countries still work regular hours, and after that time you do not get your calls re-directed to Australia. If you are out of the city where a QF office is located the toll free number is again great to have on hand. Koala
Old Jul 16, 2001, 8:46 am
In Memoriam

For peoples info:

https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/contact/gold.html
Old Jul 18, 2001, 10:05 pm

Programs: EK, VA, QF, AC etc
MukMuk said:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
I'm impressed that you managed to find the gold number on the qantas web-site!
</font>
It's a bloated pig of a site! Tries to kick you off if you have javascript disabled. And hides most of the content behind https:

I often have to access the WWW via less-than-perfect methods. And the QF site is basically inaccessable.

Thank G*d for the direct dial numbers to the QF offices in .au!!!

CD
Old Jul 22, 2001, 10:13 am

Gold numbers are nice as long as QF staff are taught to respect that status. Should anyone go to Qantas office in Sydney then please don't be surprised when your OneWorld status card gets blank stares as if you were showing a mere Medicare card. FWIW, it took me 4 visits to that place to get a ticket changed for a friend and all staff including "team leaders" made fun of me and questioned my knowledge of the flight rules even though I was proven to be right in the end.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 6:25 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spider:
Gold numbers are nice as long as QF staff are taught to respect that status. Should anyone go to Qantas office in Sydney then please don't be surprised when your OneWorld status card gets blank stares as if you were showing a mere Medicare card. FWIW, it took me 4 visits to that place to get a ticket changed for a friend and all staff including "team leaders" made fun of me and questioned my knowledge of the flight rules even though I was proven to be right in the end.</font>
They are hopeless in Sydney - I walked in with a fully flexible, fully refundable, Business Class ticket from Syd to Mel, and wanted to change it to a fully flexible, fully refundable Economy Class ticket from Syd to Mel on the same flight (using the Qbiz fare) - and they wanted to charge me a $55 amendment fee.

When I complained to the internet help desk (since the original J was booked and paid for over the net) they were horrified, and I scored a free Y from SYD to MEL for the hassle that was caused (although I think I had a very bored 6 year old and an EXTREMELY bored 2 year old with me, and it all took about 90 minutes, and the kids were making havoc, and I made sure that the internet help desk knew about this, might have helped).

Seriously though, how can they expect to charge an amendment fee if you walk in with one FULLY REFUNDABLE ticket and want to walk out with another FULLY REFUNDABLE ticket?

In the end, I told them where to shove their new ticket and requested a full refund on the old ticket. This will happen, and I will use the free ticket for the flight I originally wanted (wonder if I can spend 3000 points on an on-departure upgrade?)

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.