Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

I have a Qantas club invitation, what's it for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF FF

Me and my g/f are traveling to Australia in April on Qantas, and I have a Qantas Club complimentary invitaion vaild until end May 2007.

What does this let me do? Can only 1 person use it? If so what can it be used for? If it's only good for one person, I will give it to my g/f as she is flying back earlier than me.

We are flying LHR-SYD SYD-MEL, then she is flying MEL-LHR via SIN.
Could she use it in MEL?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by xzibit
Me and my g/f are traveling to Australia in April on Qantas, and I have a Qantas Club complimentary invitaion vaild until end May 2007.

What does this let me do? Can only 1 person use it? If so what can it be used for? If it's only good for one person, I will give it to my g/f as she is flying back earlier than me.

We are flying LHR-SYD SYD-MEL, then she is flying MEL-LHR via SIN.
Could she use it in MEL?
Hi xzibit

You pass is as it states - one complimentary access to a Qantas Club. I understand you can use these at any Qantas lounge - including joint lounges in LHR.

However, it is good for one person only, so yes, you could give it to your g/f to use in MEL, or she could use it in SIN to have a shower etc while in transit.

A friend of mine was given a pass and managed to take their partner in with them, but this was in Australia (and was late at night when the lounge was quiet). Not sure if the BA lounge in London (where you can get access under the joint services agreement between BA and QF) will allow it though.

Regards

LME FF
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF FF
Ok, thanks LME FF.

I think that I will give it to my g/f, as she has a stopover in SIN for a few hours, so she will be able to relax a bit more.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
on the same note, can i buy a Qantas Club invite on eBay and use it at LAX before my departure for SYD even though I'm traveling on a heavily-discounted N fare?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Fare basis does not affect entry rights.

Please note that not all ebay passes are legit. Some (most?) are old passes that are no longer any good (despite having no expiry date) since QF changed they way they dealt with guest passes for Qantas Club members (a couple of years ago).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.