Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Syd F lounge refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sxc
Has QF policy changed in that they are actually acknowledging the existence of the CL? I thought that previously they never mentioned the CL in public in order to keep it as exclusive as possible?
There are a number of references to Chairman's Lounge around; whether people know about it doesn't affect its exclusivity

Doing a search for it on Qantas website returned 29 matches

Dave
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:51 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Alan in CBR
Molton Brown spa treatments in LHR are available for longhaul J as well as F.
Due to VS offering spa treatments to their J pax (and a much nicer LHR lounge and spa offering, beats BA by a mile). QF doesn't have VS or SQ to worry about as competition (yet) .... or do they?
Old May 1, 2007, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Regarding the new F check-in, I assume there will be a signed area outside the terminal indicating where to have the taxi stop, right?

Also, what if one is traveling with three companions in J class. If you skip the outdoor F check-in, will you be able to check-in inside the terminal?
Old May 1, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by sxc
Has QF policy changed in that they are actually acknowledging the existence of the CL? I thought that previously they never mentioned the CL in public in order to keep it as exclusive as possible?
Well the last 2 times I nhave left BNE international the Jetstar service to christchurch has left just prior to my boarding and the boarding announcement for jetstar is boarding is now open for all jetlex ticket holders,platinum and gold qff members and Chairmans lounge members.I have a little chuckle thinking that they rate CL members lower than jetflex ticket holders and how many CL members fly Jetstar.
Old May 1, 2007, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by number_6
QF doesn't have VS or SQ to worry about as competition (yet) .... or do they?
Which is exactly why better lounges don't exist in Australia although having said that QF lounges on average are still probably the best in OW despite a few exceptions (i.e. Wing/Pier although my experience of other CX lounges are a little disappointing).
Old May 1, 2007, 10:01 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Which is exactly why better lounges don't exist in Australia although having said that QF lounges on average are still probably the best in OW despite a few exceptions (i.e. Wing/Pier although my experience of other CX lounges are a little disappointing).
I will quite happily go on record as stating that (with one major exception - the J lounge at SYD T1) QF lounges are the best in the world for their intended usage.

Domestic QP's are better than anything else in the world for short haul flights up to around four hours, most INT lounges (again, SYD T1 being the exception) are more than adequate for what they were designed for - a quiet haven for SLC about to undertake a lengthy trip, and so on.

Sure, you get better facilities at HKG in The Wing and The Pier, but HKG is a major transit airport, and you get a lot of SLC spending lengthy periods at the airport transitting between flights. The facilities at those lounges take this into account, and provide features which are not necessary at airports which are normally the end destination or origin for the vast majority of passengers.

As I said, for their INTENDED USAGE, QF lounges are amongst the best in the world.

Dave
Old May 1, 2007, 3:28 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by thadocta
I will quite happily go on record as stating that (with one major exception - the J lounge at SYD T1) QF lounges are the best in the world for their intended usage.
Dave, I agree with your comment. However, until it closed recently and during the construction of the new lounge, I would have to include LAX TBI as an under-performer. Now shower facilities at a lounge that caters for 3 late night, long haul departures is not good. However, we can live and hope the new TBI lounges will reflect the intended purpose as well as most other Qantas lounges around the world.
Old May 1, 2007, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by moa999
Thats not a very big bar
Given that "chairside waiter service" is mentioned, I don't believe a big bar is required.

As a reference, I don't believe there is a bar in the F lounge at the Wing in HKG either.
Old May 1, 2007, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc
As posted, there are references, if infrequent, to CL published in Qantas' content.

In this case, I believe CL is being referred to here as an oblique way of advising that QF WP's and other oneworld Emerald riff-raff are ineligible for the kerb side check-in facility.
Old May 2, 2007, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by serfty
Given that "chairside waiter service" is mentioned, I don't believe a big bar is required.

As a reference, I don't believe there is a bar in the F lounge at the Wing in HKG either.
But they do have the world's LONGEST airport bar in the J section.
Old May 2, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
I thought that prize belonged to Swiss and their lounge at ZRH. I have been in both and I have to agree with the LX marketing:

http://yourcountry.swiss.com/local/t...ai-zrh-usa.htm
Old May 2, 2007, 4:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
And the F Wing would have to have the nicest shower suites anywhere.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
And last time I was there there was one serving waiter and about 30-40 ppl in the FL.
Went to the Long Bar instead.
Old May 2, 2007, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time I was in the wing, it was evening and sparsely populated. They provided SWMBO with a blanket and pillow for a quiet nap in the "library". ^
Old May 4, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: Qantas
Last time I was in the Wing, I ate 8 lamb chops in an effort to see if the kitchen staff could keep up - the kitchen staff won that encounter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.