Wiki Posts
Search

IFE in J on the 747-300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:30 am
Original Poster

IFE in J on the 747-300

Hello,

What kind of IFE is there on the 747-300s? Also from what I've been reading on this board there are no plans to upgrade the dreamtime seats to skybeds? How is the recline in the dreamtime seat?

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:56 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Dreamtime seat is very good as a seat, maybe the best around. The recline number is not comparable to other seats as this is a cradle seat (the base tilts along with the back). For sleeping the recline is not adequate, this seat is not trying to be a bed (much less recline than the AA J seats for example, as you would expect with 10 inches less pitch).
Old Jun 23, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
Hello,

What kind of IFE is there on the 747-300s? Also from what I've been reading on this board there are no plans to upgrade the dreamtime seats to skybeds? How is the recline in the dreamtime seat?

Thanks!
IFE when I flew it was PTV folding out of the armrest, with, I think, maybe half a dozen movies to choose from. Looping movies and audio, not on-demand. This was a couple of years ago but I suspect it has not changed (I think QF only have AVOD in 333s and 744s).
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:38 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Also, unfortunately, you only get the same IFE program selection as Y pax..there are no extra programs as on the 744's (and I presume the 333's).
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by whughes3
Also, unfortunately, you only get the same IFE program selection as Y pax..there are no extra programs as on the 744's (and I presume the 333's).
Actually, I flew a 743 to LAX earlier this month and J gets a couple of extra movie/TV channels...

Still on a 150 minute loop however....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.