Wiki Posts
Search

What's The Deal With QF031 / QF231

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Question What's The Deal With QF031 / QF231

Greetings,

QF flights QF005 and QF031 are delayed very often into Singapore from Australia. What's the problem?

Furthermore, for the past two days, QF31 has been cancelled and replaced with QF231 which arrives in LHR about 5 hours after QF31 should be arriving.

Qantas USA has no explanation.

Can FlyerTalk do better?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
QF31 used to get in about 5 hours later than it currently does (pre March 22) so maybe QF have had second thoughts and looking at retiming the flight?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Maybe Qantas are still short a 3 class 744 due to that JFK incident a few weeks ago and are juggling aircraft...
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:20 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
QF31 used to get in about 5 hours later than it currently does (pre March 22) so maybe QF have had second thoughts and looking at retiming the flight?
Not sure - schedules BNE-LHR for May-June 2007 (when I want those U seats 355 days out) show the connection as QF51/QF31 - indicating that the earlier timing for QF31 is intended to remain.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:27 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
VH-OEE is back in service (and has been for a number of days) and operated QF 12 LAX-BNE-SYD today (Fog diversion).

QF 31 had a scheduled delayed departure ex SYD (on 22/06) as a result of maintenance requirements (thanks to VH-OEE). QF 31 was simply renumbered QF 231 on this particular day.

Flight was re-scheduled a number of weeks ago and PAX were made aware of the delayed departure time.

On a related matter, with -OEE being down, both the flights mentioned by Singapore_Air (where is the Ltd. huh? ), in particular QF 31/32, have been affected due to tight scheduling and the 744 fleet being used to 'the max'.

Rgds
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by QF NB
QF 31 had a scheduled delayed departure ex SYD (on 22/06) as a result of maintenance requirements (thanks to VH-OEE). QF 31 was simply renumbered QF 231 on this particular day.
Was this because of the "no two flights with the same number on the same day" thing, or for other reasons?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:39 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Was this because of the "no two flights with the same number on the same day" thing, or for other reasons?
Sorry I can't help you out much there, but I'd imagine it has something to do with the response you gave.

Rgds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.