Search

Avod Syd-lhr

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
Avod Syd-lhr

Hi all,

I have chosen QF j class over BA because for such a long flight, I want to be able to watch films at will, however does this route use the newest planes?

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:03 am

Psst, don't tell your mates over at the BA forum, or they might disown you

Some 747-400's have been upgraded to AVOD. However, they don't run specific routes.

So really it's a lucky (or unlucky seeing the reliability of AVOD systems with Qantas) draw to see if you get AVOD.

(Otherwise sometimes known as AVOiD on this forum, due to the instability of the first few firmwares/software releases of their implementation).
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stevie
Hi all,

I have chosen QF j class over BA because for such a long flight, I want to be able to watch films at will, however does this route use the newest planes?

Thanks
I don't believe QF specifically target the roo route for their new planes. In fact their newest planes, the 747-400ERs were meant for the MEL-LAX route as it could fly the distance without any large weight penalty.

If you want to find out the specific age of the aircraft your on, I suggest that you ask QF NB who maybe able to help you closer to the time.

Last edited by Traveloguy; Jun 6, 2006 at 6:38 am
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:33 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Or if you want to be sure, route via Brisbane and then you will be guaranteed AVOD on at least the BNE-SIN or BNE-BKK legs on the A330. I find the A330 a quieter much more pleasant aircraft to travel on in any event.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:06 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by ozzie
Or if you want to be sure, route via Brisbane and then you will be guaranteed AVOD on at least the BNE-SIN or BNE-BKK legs on the A330. I find the A330 a quieter much more pleasant aircraft to travel on in any event.
err no BKK-BNE.

You could do LHR-HKG, as the A330s operate to BNE and a couple of other ports out of HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.