Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Jetstar credit to AA?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2006, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Will Jetstar credit to AA?

I have had problems getting my Qantas flights credited to AA from a Global Explorer RTW trip.

Finally most of them are credited except my CHC-MEL flight which was booked as Qantas, but sometime over the last year was converted to a Jetstar flight.

Is this normally elgible for AA credit? Any suggestions?
Old May 29, 2006, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Jetstar is not a member of Oneworld.

So what do you think?

Unless the flight was operated by QF and your boarding pass says QF, you might have recourse. After all QF owns JetStar.
Old May 29, 2006, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

The boarding pass says Jetstar flight #408.

If they did the change, it seems I should still get the credit.
Old May 29, 2006, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by AAaLot
The boarding pass says Jetstar flight #408.

If they did the change, it seems I should still get the credit.
It wont go through automatically since JQ is not OW or a partner of AAdvantage. Other than high fares, JQ doesnt even credit to QFF.

However, as posted on your other thread, you may be able to argue your case for manual credit.
Old May 29, 2006, 3:19 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I'd say you won;t get the points.

I'm sure it will mention somewhere on AA's Terms & conditions that flights with a Oneworld airlines code on a flight operated by a non-oneworld carrier will be ineleigble for points.

ie QF code on south African codeshare etc etc

It is the same that QF FF's can;t earn on AA code's on JAL etc
Old May 29, 2006, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
I'd say you won;t get the points.

I'm sure it will mention somewhere on AA's Terms & conditions that flights with a Oneworld airlines code on a flight operated by a non-oneworld carrier will be ineleigble for points.

ie QF code on south African codeshare etc etc

It is the same that QF FF's can;t earn on AA code's on JAL etc
Agreed, but I bought it and got tickets printed in a way that could earn miles...they changed the metal on me.

Regardless, this will fall squarely on AA for a good will credit.
Old May 29, 2006, 4:14 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Agreed, but I bought it and got tickets printed in a way that could earn miles...they changed the metal on me.

Similarly, I had a *A RTW that included CGH-UDI-CGH with an RG code (but TAM metal). After I got the ticket, the code share agreement was dropped and I expected to have to pay $ for a new CGH-UDI-CGH ticket. TAM still honoured my RG issued tickets and issued a TAM Boarding Pass. I did not get the points, but at least I did get where I wanted to without having to buy another ticket (or get a re-issue).

That's the luck of the draw.
Old May 29, 2006, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I have had problems getting my Qantas flights credited to AA from a Global Explorer RTW trip.

Finally most of them are credited except my CHC-MEL flight which was booked as Qantas, but sometime over the last year was converted to a Jetstar flight.

Is this normally elgible for AA credit? Any suggestions?
As with the previous answers you are unlikely to get direct credit and will have to rely on AA's generosity.

You had you best chance to fix this problem back in August when your flights were first changed as you noted in your thread "'R' bucket and Qantas".

As I posted back then:
... And, Yes, you should complain, very firmly; Qantas LCC offshoot Jetstar are taking over Oz-CHC. They do NOT offer business class! ...

... I would call Qantas and request to be re-routed. If they say they can't do this, tell the agent in a firm but nice manner: "That's Unacceptable". ...
If you had successfully fixed this back then then, you would have been gauranteed the AAdvantage QPoints and Miles for Business travel as well as possible getting more as they would have needed to re-route you.

The best you can hope for now is that AAdvantage take note of your original business class booking and rectify accordingly.

Good luck....
Old May 30, 2006, 3:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that you will be out of luck tbh in the same way that if you changed from QF to CX on a LONE4

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.