Wiki Posts
Search

MEL/DPS one class? what is it like?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2006, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
MEL/DPS one class? what is it like?

Usually fly the Bangkok TG run, so rarely check this page, so apologies if this is a frequently asked question.
Flying Qantas ao7867 this week to Denpasar, Bali, and only able to locate economy ticket. Whilst i have already booked, was there another airline out of SYD/MEL/ADL, I could have used to obtain business class. As the deed is done, what is the seating/flight/food like- I guess it's only 5 hours. thanks
Old May 28, 2006, 12:26 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Whilst i have already booked, was there another airline out of SYD/MEL/ADL, I could have used to obtain business class.
You can try Garuda Indonesia, they fly from all the ports you mentioned.

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Flying Qantas ao7867 this week to Denpasar, Bali, and only able to locate economy ticket...As the deed is done, what is the seating/flight/food like- I guess it's only 5 hours.

You are likely to find the aircraft will be fitted with both J and Y seats although strictly they are an all economy airline because AO would cease to exist from July 06 and their fleet integraed back to QF.

The Y seats have a 31" pitch with slimline design so they are not too bad. Sorry I can't comment on the food nor service since I have not flown with AO yet.
Old May 28, 2006, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by RickyT
You are likely to find the aircraft will be fitted with both J and Y seats although strictly they are an all economy airline because AO would cease to exist from July 06 and their fleet integraed back to QF.
Wow - have they started converting them already??

Guess they have planty of dreamtime seats floating around after the conversion to skybeds...

Regards

L/M/E FF
Old May 28, 2006, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Wow - have they started converting them already??

Guess they have planty of dreamtime seats floating around after the conversion to skybeds...

Regards

L/M/E FF

AFAIK:

No Qantas 767 is getting SkyBeds or Dreamtime (old tech); Qantas will be installing the "Millenium" seats.
Old May 29, 2006, 12:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
No Qantas 767 is getting SkyBeds or Dreamtime (old tech); Qantas will be installing the "Millenium" seats.
Suppose that means 2-2-2 seating (Milleniums) versus 1-2-2 (DT seats)? Ie no way will will QF do anything else but pack as many SLF in a given space as possible.
Old May 29, 2006, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by og
Suppose that means 2-2-2 seating (Milleniums) versus 1-2-2 (DT seats)? Ie no way will will QF do anything else but pack as many SLF in a given space as possible.
Especially on routes where there is no real competition.
Old May 30, 2006, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by serfty

AFAIK:

Sorry - I meant they will have plenty of old dreamtime seats to put into the AO 767s as they will have taken the dreamtime seats out of the 747s and replaced them with the skybeds...

Not even I would dream of seeing a skybed in a 767

Regards

L/M/E FF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.