Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 34a - leg room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
Seat 34a - leg room

On a 744 3-class, seat guru says there is extra leg room due to the bulk head in 34A/B. Does the bulk head have the inserts at the bottom where you can put your feet in to. I am 6'1. Or, am I better off choosing 70A/K with the extra space at the side. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by grant32
On a 744 3-class, seat guru says there is extra leg room due to the bulk head in 34A/B. Does the bulk head have the inserts at the bottom where you can put your feet in to. I am 6'1. Or, am I better off choosing 70A/K with the extra space at the side. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Row 34 is better for deplaning but is nearly always full, no extra leg room but you don't have anybody reclining on you. You would be better off in row 71 or 72 than 70 as you won't have the 3rd seat in front of you. The advantage of being right down the back is that's where any spare rows will be rows, 73- 75 in the middle are the ones least likely to have anybody in them.

Mark
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If the aircraft is 14F, 50J & 315Y configuration, there are no cutouts as each zone has only the one class. If it is the 14F, 64J & 265Y configuration, there may be a cut out in the panel between the last row of J (row 30) and the first row of WHY (row 34).

Personally, I'd take row 35 H/J/K as these are directly behind the crew rest area in row 34 and you are unlikely to get a recliner in front of you during meal service.

More here: Seats 35J/K good/bad/other & Plat Status Question.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 4:19 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
These bulkhead rows don't really have any extra leg room, just different legroom. Personally I prefer to be there since there is no seat in front to recline and for me it seems more "open". Other people find the bulkhead makes it feel more closed in. So its a personal preference.

I am not overly tall (about 175cm) and find the bulkhead easier on my knees than having a seat in front. But its still an economy seat and the difference is not great.

Note that the bulkhead rows do not have movable armrests as the IFE screens are in the arm rest. This also means the arm rests are bulkier and that makes the seat slightly narrower than the rows behind.

So its a trade-off as to what is important to you.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:18 pm

Programs: Malaysia Enrich, Priority Club
I flew in 34A on VH-OEJ 747-400ER. I felt it had a little extra legroom, but the TV in the armrest does get very annoying if you want to doze off while watching tv
Old Feb 15, 2006, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
Thanks for the responses. I have 72K assigned.

I also see that 34C is available on my flight, and seatexpert suggests this is the best seat in Y. Leg room is key for me as I am 6'2.

Choices, choices...
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks for the responses. I have 72K assigned.

I also see that 34C is available on my flight, and seatexpert suggests this is the best seat in Y. Leg room is key for me as I am 6'2.

Choices, choices...
Youv'e got 5cm more then me there.

Don't let it end there; you never know, a good exit row seat may be available; get to the Airport early and request one (46/58 B/C/H/J)
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Platinum, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Question

Originally Posted by serfty
Don't let it end there; you never know, a good exit row seat may be available; get to the Airport early and request one (46/58 B/C/H/J)
serfty

Do I take it from your post that A & K have protrusions for escape chutes?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
serfty

Do I take it from your post that A & K have protrusions for escape chutes?
Indeed they do

Dave
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:23 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Platinum, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Smile

Thanks Dave.

In the near future I've got my first trip "down the back of the bus" in a very long time so trying to work out some options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.