Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Baggage Compensation ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
Question Lost Baggage Compensation ?

Hi All, Did NUE (LH) - FRA (LH) - LHR (BA) - SIN (QF) - PER yesterday and my bag didn't turn up , it was accepted and checked in the whole way on the first leg.

At PER, QF gave me a reference number, toiletry kit and told me I could spend $100 on essentials and that they would call me tomorrow, hopefully with good news.

Has anyone had this happen ? Do you get more than $100 if it takes longer than a certain amount of time ?

Any advice appreciated. ^
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:16 pm

I would IMAGINE that you have travel insurance.
look it up! i think you get to spend like $350 if it is not there within 24 hrs and then a lot more if it never shows.
The carrier is only responsible for the amount checked usually 20kg or 30 if J and 40 if F at so much per kg. the rest you must claim with the insurer.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:27 pm

You can also use that Reference number and plug it into this website:

http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/qf.htm

It will sometimes give you some good information as to the status of your bags.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
You can also use that Reference number and plug it into this website:

http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/qf.htm

It will sometimes give you some good information as to the status of your bags.
Thanks, yes I've been following the (lack of) progress with this website. I'm amazed that they can't actually tell me anything about where the bag was last seen, I thought with the bar coding it would get scanned at each transfer point and they would be able to tell me where that was.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I would IMAGINE that you have travel insurance.
look it up! i think you get to spend like $350 if it is not there within 24 hrs and then a lot more if it never shows.
The carrier is only responsible for the amount checked usually 20kg or 30 if J and 40 if F at so much per kg. the rest you must claim with the insurer.
Thanks Tinkybelle, any links to the info you are mentioning here ? I'm travelling J so hopefully its 30 (bag weight 25 kgs). Our company has some sort of corporate travel insurance I think, otherwise I'll expense it
Old Feb 11, 2006, 1:38 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Ultimately, it's QF that will be responsible for the bag, since they're the last carrier. But get your travel insurance claim form ready.

However, to be a but more proactive about it, I'd ring each of the airline/airport to see whether they've your bag, e.g, ring BA and QF at SIN (if BA have an office there), ring LH and BA at LHR, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if it's lost around FRA and LHR...
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:36 am
Original Poster

All's well that ends well The bag finally turned up on Saturday afternoon about 2 hours after I got back from spending my $100 on new clothing

Turns out it didn't make the transfer from BA17 in SIN to QF78 and ended up in Melbourne instead. The stopover was a tad under 2 hours.

Anyway, good to get my bag back ! Its travelled a few more miles than me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.