Search

Frankfurt transfers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF PS
Frankfurt transfers

Hello,

I'm shortly doing a trip from LHR to ADL, and given the lack of flight availability going the around about way via frankfurt.
The LHR to FRA will be on BA, but then switching over to QF6 through to Singapore.

I was wondering if there was more than one option as far as QP's / BA lounge's in frankfurt, as I will be there for a few hours. Unfortunately i'm only on QP Silver, so don't have access to any of the Serviceair services that BA sometimes outsource to in Europe. Is there a CX lounge in the same terminal as the QF/BA arrival/departure?

thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 8:37 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Sevenone
Hello,

I'm shortly doing a trip from LHR to ADL, and given the lack of flight availability going the around about way via frankfurt.
The LHR to FRA will be on BA, but then switching over to QF6 through to Singapore.

I was wondering if there was more than one option as far as QP's / BA lounge's in frankfurt, as I will be there for a few hours. Unfortunately i'm only on QP Silver, so don't have access to any of the Serviceair services that BA sometimes outsource to in Europe. Is there a CX lounge in the same terminal as the QF/BA arrival/departure?
As a QP member (rather than SG or WP) you will only be entitled to the bog standard QF lounge offering. It is only SG and WP members who have access to other oneworld lounges (and this is by virtue of their emerald or sapphire status, the QP status has nothing to do with it).

So I am afraid you will have to slum it (like I will next year when I drop back to PS status).

Dave
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sevenone
Unless things have changed at FRA, BAs lounge closes well before the QF flight departs. The lounge that QF uses at FRA is the Delta Crown Club room

If you have to take a flight with a long connect going from LHR, have you considered avoiding the hell hole of LHR and going from LCY ( BA8732 departs at 19:25 and arrives at 21:55 giving a 90 min connection ) . A nice connection and a more civilised airport to depart from

Dave
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:11 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
The Delta Crown Room at FRA is far superior to the BA lounge. More spacious, better food (well, it actually has food) and reasonable beverages. And its much closer to the gates used by QF.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF PS
Thankyou for the suggestions. The Delta Crown Room sounds like the way to go.

Unfortuantely I need to leave from LHR, as I am staying right next door and also meeting others who work nearby. I agree though that LCY is a far nicer option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.