Programs: Mucci
QF Review..

... time for a larf!

http://airreview.members.beeb.net/Qantas/index.htm

Dave
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:44 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Thumbs down Urrrggh...

Qantascityflyer is the name for the internal flights linking the main cites, like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth. It tries to run rather like a bus service, with take off on the hour, each hour. There is inflight entertainment, and it tries to cut costs to compete with VirginBlue
WRONG... CityFlyer would cost QF quite a bit I'd imagine. Also it's not there to cut costs and is certainly something that Vermin can't match.

Qantaslink BAE-146

Qantas ordered the cheapest version, and as a result they are very hot with no airconditioning.
God get it right, it's National Jet who maintain and run the planes on behalf of Qantas. And also they are a workhorse and a suited perfect for hot dry often dusty conditions in NT and WA. Of course they have aircon - what is this guy smoking?

Another cheap buy by Qantas, many of the Dash 8 versions Qantas fly have no air conditioning that works on the ground, so they get insufferably hot on the ground, and once it's on, cold in the air.
Another workhorse with good economics and a cheaper plane to run that many other ones. It's perfectly suited to AUS ops and QF did not buy them because they are cheap.

Well there are many more mistakes. I think we need to send this person to QF School where he can learn all about the company.

Inconsistency....
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:18 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thadocta
Bizarre. Like QF NB I found a lot of what was said there to be wrong, or certainly not in accord with my experience.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Don't worry, QF's not being picked on. The site seems to be equally wrong in relation to BA - and probably every other airline on there as well.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 3:50 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I found it quite informative for the unknowledgable QF flyer. Certainly a very extensive and helpful review on all things QF.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UK flyer
I found it quite informative for the unknowledgable QF flyer. Certainly a very extensive and helpful review on all things QF.
But the point thadocta, QF NB and perthite were making was that it WASN'T at all informative. Nothing like flying an airline yourself to see how good it is.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by UK flyer
Many here is OZ would repectfully disagree with some of the assments of the Amber stuff. I mean, VB: "Terrible beer"!

(Strangely enough the associated image shows a plastic tumbler containing some pale & flat looking fluid. In my experience it looks nothing like VB.)

Last edited by serfty; Sep 29, 2005 at 5:45 pm
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Okay, you guys know more than I do LOL!

This is what I found useful :

Free A$20 per domestic flight
Qantas are now deliberately under catering flights between Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Adelaide by 5%. If you want to take a gamble, you can ask to sit in the last few rows. Normally the meals will run out just before you (the last 2 rows in a 737, the last 4 in a 767).

You will first be offered a free drink. Then you will be offered free cheese and biscuit. Finally, if you keep on refusing, you will be offered an A$20 voucher.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You are forgetting the audience - who turns down free drinks?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 9:59 pm

I love how he suggests rummaging through newspaper recycle bins. Always a classy act at the departure gate

Drew
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:46 am

Programs: Malaysia Enrich, Priority Club
I thought this guy was nuts, then when i got to the bit about Sifting through the recycling bin to find newspapers, it confirmed it!!!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:39 am

Yeah, agree sifting through a recycling newspaper bin is a lil quirky at the best of times!!!!

Oh well.... As long as he gets a kick out of it then all is good I suppose.

BTW. Notice the way he wears the same set of pants on just about every flight? Bar a cpl of times when jeans were worn... Unless he has multiple pairs of chino's...
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
BTW. Notice the way he wears the same set of pants on just about every flight? Bar a cpl of times when jeans were worn... Unless he has multiple pairs of chino's...
Hadn't noticed what he was wearing in any of the photo's.

Nothing wrong with having multiple pairs of chino's though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.