Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting ad in Perth

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Interesting ad in Perth

In Perth there is an advertisement running (e.g. The West Australian Sep 26, page 7), that says:

The East Coast via "Hollywood"

If you fly to Sydney or Melbourne between 5 September and 27 October 2005, you'll be flying on one of our 747-300's. That means every seat has its own personal screen for you to enjoy. Our award-winning inflight entertainment offers you 12 video channels, including seven different movies.
Now to me, that sounds like every flight is a 747-300, but if you search through the timetable you find all sorts of equipment being used 734, 73H, 767, 332, 333 and the odd (and these flights are very few in number) 743.

Anyone have any idea just what this ad is about? Best I can tell its just a crock.

Last edited by perthite; Sep 25, 2005 at 8:19 am Reason: Added 333
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
there's definately a better way to word that as to me that shouts out "fly on our 20yr old aircraft, wait longer to board".
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
QF ads

It reminds me of the advertisements they used to run for Qantas Club a few years ago that started with "Peace". I believe they had to pull them when someone complained to the ACCC that the ads were misleading because at times - especially on weekends - the place resembled little more than a creche
Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Wink

Originally Posted by RTWFF
... misleading because at times - especially on weekends - the place resembled little more than a creche
... and Mon-Fri 4:30-5:30 little more than an Irish pub on St Pat's day (sans grren beer of course).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.