Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

AA Plat lounge access on domestic business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

My family and I are currently the Australia 'domestic portion' of a business class RTW ticket.

I am also a member of the Admiral's club (my wife and children are not).

We are all AA platinums.

Qantas has downgraded serveral of our domestic segments to coach because of switching of aircraft

Specifically I will be in the following cities: CHC, MEL, PER, DRW, CNS, SYD, AKL

Are there lounges at each of these locations?

Can we go to them? (as Admiral's club or business class?)

Any hints of what to do at each of the lounges with the children (they are very well behaved)?

one more question: we have other trips (Air New Zealand)...can we access Qantas lounges during those trips?

Thanks!

Last edited by AAaLot; Sep 21, 2005 at 11:00 pm
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:04 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
As AA Platinums you'll be able to go to any of the Qantas Clubs - every city you listed has one (in both domestic and international terminals where they're separate). You'll only be able to access them prior to your Qantas flights though, not the Air NZ ones.

As for what to do, eat, drink and be merry! Well there's snacks served up, free drinks (for domestic there's alcohol after 1pm, international it's available all day), check the internet, watch TV, grab yourself a shower or just relax in a comfy couch and read a newspaper or magazine. Some, such as the Sydney and Melbourne Domestic QC's are quite sizeable, so you should be able to find a cozy corner somewhere. Hopefully it'll be an enjoyable experience for you and your family!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

one more question:

we have other trips (Air New Zealand)...can we access Qantas lounges during those trips? Or during other Qantas coach domestic flights purchased outside the RTW trip?
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by AAaLot
one more question:

we have other trips (Air New Zealand)...can we access Qantas lounges during those trips? Or during other Qantas coach domestic flights purchased outside the RTW trip?
As oneWORLD Sapphire you are entitled to access any QP before any QF/Jetstar flight.

Here is the Qantas Website's published information on Lounge Access.

Here are links to Australian Domestic and New Zealand Locations and other information.

I suggest getting to the Cairns one relatively early if you wish to employ it; I have heard it can get very crowded.

Last edited by serfty; Sep 21, 2005 at 11:36 pm
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:19 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Qantas has downgraded serveral of our domestic segments to coach because of switching of aircraft

Thanks!
Can your expand? If they have changed your flights can't you request others if Business class is not available or full on the ones they have given you? Seems tough if you have paid for J RTW? Or have you initiated the change to flights where J is full?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Can your expand? If they have changed your flights can't you request others if Business class is not available or full on the ones they have given you? Seems tough if you have paid for J RTW? Or have you initiated the change to flights where J is full?
AAalot asked for advice in these threads: "Downgraded, but 'R' exists? " & "'R' bucket and Qantas".

Perhaps they were unsuccessful.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by serfty
As oneWORLD Sapphire you are entitled to access any QP before any QF/Jetstar flight.
Are you sure about the Jetstar access. I know that QF allows QF members to use the lounge but , given that Jetstar isn't an OW carrier, I would not think that the OW Sapphire access would apply

Dave
Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:39 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Are you sure about the Jetstar access. I know that QF allows QF members to use the lounge but , given that Jetstar isn't an OW carrier, I would not think that the OW Sapphire access would apply
I asked this of the SYD T2 lounge dragons on behalf of a BA Silver, and was told it was all OW elites.

Dave
Old Sep 22, 2005, 4:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Cool...Thats good of them

Dave
Old Sep 22, 2005, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Can I use my admirals card if I am not flying Qantas that day or is part of the rules in using the club that you have to be flying them that day?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Can I use my admirals card if I am not flying Qantas that day or is part of the rules in using the club that you have to be flying them that day?
No, you must be flying with QF that day; only QF plats have access when they are not flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.