Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Free Qantas Domestic Flight with AMEX Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Qantas Domestic Flight with AMEX Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Hi,
I just noticed an offer of Westpac's Amex Altitude Platinum.
$295/yr, including a Altitude Plat M/C, plus usual intl. travel insurance & other benefits
Earning 4 points per dollar spend (Altitude points redeemable @2:1 for QF FF miles) until October, when it reverts to 3 points per dollar. Also redeemable for NZ & Malaysian miles.

How would you rate this compared with the Amex plat CC, for a smallish ($10-20k) annual spend? (Will any third-party Amex CC issuers be able to match the Amex Qantas flight offer? )

http://www.westpacinfo.com.au/platinum/points.cfm
Cheers ^
Ben
I'd stick with the AmEx issued one personally. The extra $100 PA will get you the SYD/MEL-PER trip for free (Booked in O class so get in quickly) and also let you redeem for Virgin Atlantic flights (as of July). Redemption is 1:1 and earning is 1.5:1 so essentially the same as the westpac program. I recently ditched the Altitude card for the AmEx one. Service from AmEx is sensational from what i've seen. Every phone call has been swiftly handled by a non-indian call centre and a very helpful person. Big thumbs up from me.

Drew
Old Apr 19, 2006, 3:22 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by drewbles
Service from AmEx is sensational from what i've seen. Every phone call has been swiftly handled by a non-indian call centre and a very helpful person. Big thumbs up from me.
They must have changed in the 2 yrs since I lost my AX card in Alaska. In this case, they couldn't get a replacement card to my address in ANC in less than two (2) days (not the day that they imply from their ads), and when ringing their collect 1800 number to report the loss, the "computer" said that the card number I entered was invalid and to "check the card for the correct number" (remember - this was to report a lost card... ).

At least AX negotiated their way out of sh!t by comping me the MR points I lost by charging a flight home on my Altitude card.

I don't leave home without it (my Altitude card) - and I take an AX card as well.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 5:59 pm

Has anyone else experienced any problems with the online access with the Platinum Amex Credit card?

Rang them few days ago, gave me the impression it was only a problem with the plat credit card, and they are working on it. Still not working this morning. No problem with my other amex card.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aurigakb
Has anyone else experienced any problems with the online access with the Platinum Amex Credit card?

Rang them few days ago, gave me the impression it was only a problem with the plat credit card, and they are working on it. Still not working this morning. No problem with my other amex card.
Still having the issues here with access as well - I guess I'll have to follow up with them again too.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Still having the issues here with access as well - I guess I'll have to follow up with them again too.
Yeah they have problems. I rang them a few weeks ago. Appears it's still not working as my 'Minimum payment' amount is the entire used credit amount, not the usual 3%. Apparently they need new IT people

Drew
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Only issue I have online is that I cannot get any sense out of the membership rewards sections (i.e. can't get how many reward points I've got). The pages to do with statements and recent transactions work fine for me.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:06 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I can't actually spot what has changed, but according to my statement clauses 1, 8, 13 and 14 of the flight offer conditions have changed.

Best guess looking at the table is that the Darwin/Melbourne pair has been removed (thanks to Jetstar)
Old Apr 21, 2006, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by drewbles
Yeah they have problems. I rang them a few weeks ago. Appears it's still not working as my 'Minimum payment' amount is the entire used credit amount, not the usual 3%. Apparently they need new IT people

Drew
few weeks ago!!! that doesnt sound too good.
i only just got the card so didnt know it is ongoing problem..

hmm....
Old Apr 21, 2006, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by perthite
I can't actually spot what has changed, but according to my statement clauses 1, 8, 13 and 14 of the flight offer conditions have changed.

Best guess looking at the table is that the Darwin/Melbourne pair has been removed (thanks to Jetstar)
had a look on their website. nothing seem different from memory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.