Wiki Posts
Search

QF Rollcall (if you dare)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
QF Rollcall (if you dare)

It may be my perception but it seems to have become rather quiet on the QF board. Perhaps it’s a product of this time of year when we are all well ensconced in our work and looking dreamily to December so far away.

To me though the post count seems way down, a product of QF dissatisfaction after May 25? I’m sure QF will rue the day they chose the 25th as the day to bring in those changes.

I propose a rollcall for those that post here and why, yes why not “WHY” for a change. I recognise the regulars, and by no means is the list definitive, my brain cells are limited to recent attractions or perpetual/repeated dazzles of wisdom. If I’ve forgotten or over looked you fear not, apply below and I’ll sort you out.

The glamour puss Miss Tinkybelle
The perpetual Dave (X? star) Noble
Conference Co-ordinator and butter to the sambo QF WP
The Mysterious, never melt in your mouth NM. AKA Nelly Mobbs
RichardMel, StarAlliance, but pet, you’ll never get those stars aligned so welcome to OW
Thadocta, forever ready with his RFS hose be it tapped to water or avgas
IainF, Mother loved anything to do with chemistry, especially the powdery stuff
Whughes3, I’m sure you are cubed but I really don’t want to know where
og pronounced Oh gee, a small marsupial highly active at night I believe
Bundy (nose slightly out of joint) Bear, where there's a bee there's a honeypot or should that be where theres a Bundy there's a coke
New’uns or less frequent posters such as AUS underscore MAL (problems on the field methinks), QF Exlurker, we like the thought of someone hanging back behind the tree, Serfty, a volume of knowledge but shamefully from MEL, StevePER, and we all love a PERve, Lokijuh, that’s what you get if you do too much oral, Lis, Lis "bon" how wonderful but should I mention you so soon after an oral?

The add ons complete and resplendant by no means an after thought:
Kee Wee
Goose Green
Infoworks
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Craigo
JeremyX
Wongo

And of course Master Roo, the esteemed, revered and feared moderator of the red rat and all whom sail within.

Post away I say, lets get this party started, right.

Last edited by GoldFlyer; Jul 29, 2005 at 5:35 am Reason: add emissions
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:51 am
Lis

Thankyou for thinking of me. Especially if I'm word associated with oral.

Anyhoo, I reckon the quietness was an unintended reaction to the bad taste left in the mouth after ozfest. (Mind you, I had a great time ) but I think the whole saga really turned a few people off tuning in. Willyroo, I will say no more on the matter. And everyone, please only mutter out loud to yourself on the second last sentence or this thread will be locked.

Of course the May 25 changes have peeved me but that should theoretically generate more discussion (especially about nuances with the new rules...)

And I as a rule will only open my fingers to post if I have something of value to say.. I'm still new to the game so it's not often I have 2 cents to add.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Right,

I’ve become philosophical now.

Are we not like seagulls, loitering around the huts of Bondi Beach, awaiting the cast offs of that are the QF chips? No longer wanted. We noisily and aggressively snatch at the soggy, cold offerings (no hope of a bit of sauce on the side) hoping like hell we don’t spear the lemon wedge that is the denied upgrade or lost benefit? What is left? Carrot sticks and party pies in the lounge that we may or not be welcome to? Life is about experiences and taking your seat to see the show has now become a matter of queue here and we’ll (QF) think about it.

Do we like that? Is it fair? What happened to loyalty?

I always wipe the seat after Capt. Roo decides to drive us through a few cloud formations just as I was trying to take a pee. I fold all my bits into as small a parcel as possible to minimize conflict with the FA’s trolley routine and inadvertently put them out for the remaining journey – hell, I’ll even help wash the dishes except they forgot to load the t-towels.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 5:01 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
You forgot me; but don't worry I don't care;

Really this is off topic, until you mention the word beer.

Is someone bored; or have you just done your tax return/BAS whatever is applicable. Maybe that is the reason it was quiet.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 5:14 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'm mortified. You forgot me too! Sure, I was dancing with the enemy (well, *A) for two weeks when OzFest was on - and the most memorable part of that RTW was:
the different types of cheeses and the tobacco smoke in the CPH J lounge,
the bread on SK out of CPH,
the beer glasses in the RG GRU lounge,
SQ2, and
the view over Brazil from UA.

All of this was enough to encourage defection from OW, but thankfully the rejection on this thread was not what you guys got from the T3 QP... (tongue firmly in cheek, Mr Goldflyer).
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:31 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
It may be my perception but it seems to have become rather quiet on the QF board. Perhaps it’s a product of this time of year when we are all well ensconced in our work and looking dreamily to December so far away.

To me though the post count seems way down, a product of QF dissatisfaction after May 25? I’m sure QF will rue the day they chose the 25th as the day to bring in those changes.
I've been much quieter on FT since 30 June, as Super Choice has been keeping me very busy.

Originally Posted by Lis
Anyhoo, I reckon the quietness was an unintended reaction to the bad taste left in the mouth after ozfest.
Nah, that's water under the bridge, well past. Move on, I say...new rules, new ways to use them to our advantage. Tomorrow will give a different view on things...

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Conference Co-ordinator and butter to the sambo QF WP
The first part I'll agree to, but "butter to the sambo"

The perpetual Dave (X? star) Noble
That'd be the 6 :-: variety

IanF, Mother loved anything to do with chemistry, especially the powdery stuff
I think you might be with IainF

Last edited by QF WP; Jul 28, 2005 at 6:44 am Reason: adding comments
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
My dear Goldie, haven't you forgotten mother, who is, no doubt, always looking down upon us?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

My dear Goldie, haven't you forgotten mother, who is, no doubt, always looking down upon us?
Ironic given she spent most of her mortal life doing the same. The only time she really looked up to anyone was when she was enjoying a certin course.
The first part I'll agree to, but "butter to the sambo"
It's the butter that keeps it together.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:59 pm

"IainF, Mother loved anything to do with chemistry, especially the powdery stuff"

I would have been glad to help Mother with anything chemical, however I have moved on from chemistry to surgery....I have lately been working at the "Jayant Patel "memorial hospital here in Brisbane and would have been more than happy to help Mother with a new hip or perhaps a some "cosmetic" surgery.

Cheers
IainF

Last edited by IainF; Jul 28, 2005 at 3:02 pm Reason: Past tense...
Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:33 pm

Goldflyer I do hope I am included in the
"prepeated dazzles of wisdom!" category
thankyou for thinking of me
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:23 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Nelly Mobbs reporting for duty, sir.

Sorry, been really busy travelling (strange that) for the last few months. And that travelling has meant lots of work tasks to keep my working an average of 14 hours a day. So very little time to keep things ticking over hear.

And I am back off again tomorrow for a few weeks, and I expect the work load to be even higher during that time. So I will be dropping by when I can, but I am afraid its not going to be regularly as I was able in the past.

Happy to explain what I have been up to over a HP or 3 in a QP sometime.

And unfortunately I won't be able to take on of the business classes during my flight this time (unless the op-up gods smile on Saturday or my waitlisted upgrade is successful for the return). This will be my first international flight in WHY for quite some time .
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... Serfty, a volume of knowledge but shamefully from MEL ...
What better reason to be a Frequent Traveller, always trying to get out of the place
... butter to the sambo QF WP ...
has someone been talking about that ozfest cruise? ... nah, that was the Lambada, wasn't it....
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:20 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
serfty, I'm only thinking that the connotation GoldFlyer is alluding to in "butter to the sambo" is in fact something akin to butter to the sandwich (i.e. keeping things together)?? My best guess, anyway.

Ah, the lambada on the Boat Cruise with cathaana... memories
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
butter to the sandwich
, not chilly steak sandwich from F?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:03 pm

You forgot me, but to be honest - I'm not surprised and I don't care either.

Lucky for me though, the result of the annual staffing reshuffle here means my travel will be picking up again. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.