Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

SKIMAX Information Evening - Free FF Pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SKIMAX Information Evening - Free FF Pts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:22 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Wink

Thanks for the heads-up, bravoecho. Just checked Mrs QF WP's and my FF accounts and successfully posted:

15 JUL 05 SKIMAX BRISBANE SKI SHOW 24JUN05 - - - 1,000

JohnCogley, I had the same thought that I had no proof that I had attended, however I hoped the staff did hand over the cards we filled out, rather than dump them in the nearest bin.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Originally Posted by John Cogley
Well done bravoecho. I assume you went to the Brisbane show. I attended the Melbourne effort held several days before Brisbane. It occurs to me I have no proof I attended and am unlikely to get a result if they do not post.
Thats correct John, BNE for me. The only thing that I had to show for my attendance ( ) was the top half of the coupon they tear off when you fill in your FF details.

Originally Posted by QF WP
Thanks for the heads-up, bravoecho. Just checked Mrs QF WP's and my FF accounts and successfully posted:

15 JUL 05 SKIMAX BRISBANE SKI SHOW 24JUN05 - - - 1,000
Did you end up booking anything for the 10k bonus?

I wondered after whether you could have handed in a couple of forms and had multiple credits to your account?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:37 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
No, we weren't ready to book on the night. Took everything home and have it sitting there ready for decision that will be made (probably in mid to late August) as to whether we are going.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:17 am

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Scary influence

I checked my account when I read bravoecho's post and no points. Just went back to change an upcoming flight and bingo they are there. The influence of the QF forum on FT knows no bounds
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:39 am

Looks like a DCIR22 or 26 to Canada skiing is all go, bravoecho!! Might crack out those brochures this weekrnd and the winter woolies (plus the one we got this week from Whistler, as they had run out and we put our names down on the mailing list).
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
You'll have a ball QF WP. We took my fiances family to Silver Star many years ago (only 1 skier amongst the 5 of them so it was a bit of a gamble) and they still talk about it as their best holiday ever.

We will be on the east coast of the states in January testing the powder of New England ^ ^ .

You are now sucked into a very expensive sport (but very rewarding as well!!)
Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:31 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by bravoecho
We will be on the east coast of the states in January testing the powder of New England ^ ^ .

You are now sucked into a very expensive sport (but very rewarding as well!!)
Don't get your hopes up too high for powder in New England, skiing on the East Coast is a lot like Australia - good at times but a tendency for ice and lots of it. New England can also be bitterly cold in January, so take lots of layers to wear.

WRT skiing being an expensive sport, I've found a way to lower the cost and make it tax deductible as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.