Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA / UA / QF /
Upgrade

I have used Qantas miles for a round trip ticket from LAX to MEL but only the first leg was in business and I use the second half in coach because at the time of booking that was all that was avalible. They did use the required miles for a business round trip. Is there any way to require them to give me a business seat if it is avalible on the day of travel?

Thanks
Old May 8, 2005, 6:47 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
As much as we would believe you to be entitled to a business class seat since you have "paid" for it, experience shows that not to be the case. If award seats (not just empty business class seats) become available, you can pay the change fee and have the ticket changed to business class.

If you are a Plat FF, you may be able to ask the QF Premium Desk to put a note in your reservation that you have paid the points for business class but have been booked in economy due to no business class awards being available, but I doubt it will have any affect on the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.