Wiki Posts
Search

New FF T&Cs - Wrong Info., again.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by QF WP
Don't you all love a response from a lawyer - thanks Globaliser (but weren't you missing some Latin in there somewhere??)
But didn't you know, Latin's been banned (officially) from the English legal system. Not that it inhibits me from throwing it in from time to time. It was a stupid decision. Replacing Latin legal jargon/shorthand with English legal jargon/shorthand was never going to make the legal system any more comprehensible to laymen, just incomprehensible to lawyers as well.

Aisle Seat H, I understand what you're saying about T&C being incomplete and therefore potentially misleading. But what I didn't agree with is the proposition that anyone would be driven to conclude that BA B and H classes must earn full economy SCs. All that can be said is that it's unclear.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:04 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by QF WP
No need, an AA Gold Challenge (equiv QF Silver) can be obtained from 5,000 Q-points. That's one long haul sector in discount Y (SYD/LHR) or a medium length (MEL/NRT) in non-discount Y.

That's why it's known as the "Lack of Challenge" (to coin a phrase used by Dave Noble)
Even for long term. I'll do the Plat Challenge when I have more travel. Save it for later. Then again, I wonder how long will the Challenge end??

Now days, I do 2-3 Intra Asia (1000-1200 Miles). Plus 1 return NZ.
I doubt I can requal next year. O well, I'll stick to the QF silver in the mean time.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:11 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
So explain this then please NM -
Not much point even trying to explain, since ...
... you would do what any sensible, logical person would do ...
I am obviously neither a sensible nor logical person, what is the point in trying.
I think it is you who needs to read the T&Cs more clearly, as you can see I have done so !
I have taken your suggestion and read them once again. This non-sensible and non-logical person has come to the same conclusion that I did last time I read them (prior to my previous post). Perhaps I am just shallow and misguided?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:58 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Cool

How would a reasonable person see the terms and condition?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Wongo
How would a reasonable person see the terms and condition?
Umm, by going to the link on the Qantas Website and clicking on to Terms And Conditions ?

On the SC earnings , I see nothing inconsistent. It states clearly that Y is considered as full SC earning plus, for Australia domestic flights *only*, BHK.

I would agree that if you flew on a BA codeshare that you should be entitled to the miles for the flight as if it was a genuine BA flight. Consider, if codeshares were not permitted, this would include BA flight numbers on QF flights and these definately do (did) earn miles.

On an aside to this, do QF give full SC earnings when travelling on a BA K class ticket domestically within Australia?

Dave

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jan 12, 2005 at 12:56 am
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would agree that if you flew on a BA codeshare that you should be entitled to the miles for the flight as if it was a genuine BA flight. Consider, if codeshares were not permitted, this would include BA flight numbers on QF flights and these definately do (did) earn miles.

On an aside to this, do QF give full SC earnings when travelling on a BA K class ticket domestically within Australia?

Dave
Exactly my point - no one knows, for sure, the answers to a number of these questions cos QF FF have ommitted to adress them, at all, in the T&Cs, even when they all has been brought to their attention. This, to reinterate again, was the point of the original posting.

In his rather quick descent into anger and sarcasm, NM seems to have forgotten this somehow. You obviously missed willyroo's comment about why there is no need at all to get personal over any of this, but you seem to have missed this too.

The point of this forum is that we can help each other and seek advise from each other, it is a shame that in my very first week of genuine contribution on the site this is how I have been treated by you.

You would have thought that a member of over 3 1/2 years with over 5,000 postings would have known this... hold on, maybe you didn't read the Flyertalk T&Cs either !!!! (Yes, that was sarcasm too, but the fun kind, designed to end an arguement not extend it.. will NM grasp the olive branch... watch this space people !)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.