Wiki Posts
Search

QF seat mapper

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

QF seat mapper

Hi,
Does anyone know what i can use as a QF seat mapper for JNB-SYD?

Until now I've been using ual.com making a dummy booking, but it wont work for QF.

Thanks
goodo
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by goodo
Hi,
Does anyone know what i can use as a QF seat mapper for JNB-SYD?

Until now I've been using ual.com making a dummy booking, but it wont work for QF.

Thanks
goodo
Why don't you just use QF's own seatmap?
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

The QF seatmap? You mean make a dummy booking on QF website to see the seat map? I've tried, but it never gave me the option to view the map of whats available. Did I miss it maybe?

goodo
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:09 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Qantas doesn't provide a seat map through its website. You are able to print off an aircraft layout in PDF format (when making the booking, click on the flight number and then the aircraft type you are travelling on).

If you want to view a seat map for a flight that you haven't booked, you can go to www.itn.net and complete a dummy booking. Towards the end it will show you what seats are and aren't available.

If you have booked the flight, go to www.checkmytrip.com. Enter your booking reference and surname and it will list your flight. Click on the "+" button at the bottom of the box for each flight and it will open out to include your seat allocation. Click on your seat allocation and the seat map should open up. I say should as sometimes it will and wont show you. Just keep trying.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Hi,
Does anyone know what i can use as a QF seat mapper for JNB-SYD?...
Maybe you could try the ITN website and go thru a booking until you get to the seat selection stage:

-select one way, then
-enter your dates/times/class etc. .
-select your flight from the next page and continue
-select electonic tickets and continue
-enter dummy details and continue
A seat map, if available will appear. It would be on the right of the screen.

At this point you can back out as you have not yet made a booking.

Good Luck...

Last edited by serfty; Jan 9, 2005 at 9:25 pm Reason: Yeah, What bravoecho said!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by bravoecho
If you want to view a seat map for a flight that you haven't booked, you can go to www.itn.net and complete a dummy booking. Towards the end it will show you what seats are and aren't available.
This doesn't work any more. The only way to see seat allocation for an arbitrary flight is with the Smile67 availability tool (you can download this from a link at www.flyaow.com/class.htm).
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whughes3
This doesn't work any more. The only way to see seat allocation for an arbitrary flight is with the Smile67 availability tool (you can download this from a link at www.flyaow.com/class.htm).
It worked for me. Before my previous post I did a test and it worked fine!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by serfty
It worked for me. Before my previous post I did a test and it worked fine!
It does indeed still work..it's only the detailed fare bucket breakdown that you can no longer get from ITN, apologies for the confusion.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whughes3
It does indeed still work..it's only the detailed fare bucket breakdown that you can no longer get from ITN, apologies for the confusion.
whughes3,

Apologies for the terse post, I had to catch a flight and did not have the time to elaborate. While airborne I realised exactly what you meant and was going to clarify at the earliest opportunity. I log on in SYD QP & lo, there's your post.

Best new year wishes,

Ross
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help. I called QF, and asked for a bulkhead, and was given 53D for the 744 on QF 64 March 2nd JNB-SYD. On checkmytrip is seems to be a bulkhead, but looking at the seatmaps on QF's website, 53D never appears to be a bulkhead. I'm a tall guy, what seat would you recommend?

thanks
goodo
Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where have rows 47-52 Gone?

There's something screwy here. The are two configuration maps that are closest to that shown in ITN and they both have the same layout for WHY.

These Qantas Seat Map(s) have WHY at rows 34-41, 46-56 & 58-75.

When I check the seat layout as previously suggested, it shows as goodo wrote. By this I mean WHY is shoing as rows 34-41, 46, 53-56 & 58-75. i.e. Rows 47-52 are not showing; this would normally indicate row 53 as a bulkhead/exit row.

The actual WHY bulkhead seats on the 3 class configuration schedule to fly that day are: 34A-B-C-D-E-F-G, 47D-E-F-G & 63D-E-F-G. Exit rows are 46A-B-C, 46H-J-K, 58A-B-C & 58H-J-K.

I would suggest that you recheck with whoever allocated the seat for you. Also, as a tall guy, bulkhead seats are not always these answer; I would try for an exit row (avoid A & K seats unless you want a liferaft as a footrest).
Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
On checkmytrip is seems to be a bulkhead, but looking at the seatmaps on QF's website, 53D never appears to be a bulkhead. I'm a tall guy, what seat would you recommend?
From QF's web site it certainly doesn't seem like it could be a bulkhead. I'd be inclined to call QF again and point this out, asking them politely to double-check that it really is a bulkhead.

I would also get to the airport super-early on the day to confirm that it is a bulkhead (and change to one if it isn't). But then, I'm very risk-averse when flying, so this may be overkill! I also have access to the QP, so tend to find any excuse to arrive early for an international flight in WHY.

Good luck.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:21 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
On the three class 744's seat 63D is a bulkhead, not 53D. Perhaps someone is numerically dyslectic like me?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:33 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by NM
On the three class 744's seat 63D is a bulkhead, not 53D. Perhaps someone is numerically dyslectic like me?
Dyslexic.

Sorry NM - couldn't help myself...
Old Jan 12, 2005, 3:25 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by willyroo
Dyslexic.

Sorry NM - couldn't help myself...
Ahh, I just bait the hook and throw it out there ... and see what bites .

I was going to say "lysdexic" but that may have gone over too many heads .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.